flooring question

Thread: flooring question

Defaultflooring question

Hi all!

For those of you who have hardwood flooring, do you have a problem with scratches or dulling from the lab nails? We move into our new house in about a month. I think it's going to be like getting a new car, you hate to get that "first" scratch. I asked the flooring place about dogs and he said put booties on them!

PS. Found the Zoom Groom, LOVE IT!

Kristy
    and Lucy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: flooring question

We have hardwoods on our main living floor and they are in great shape in spite of 5 months of a growing lab pup skidding on them. In fact, I wish the whole house was hardwood, it's not showing abuse the way the carpeting in the bedrooms and upstairs hall is. Of course, when he leaves the trail of water from his bowl, we try to make sure to mop it up right away. But whatever they finished our floors with seems pretty scratch-resistant.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

That is good to hear! I think I'm going to keep the water bowl in the laundry room which has vinyl. If they ruin that, it is a lot cheaper to replace!

Kristy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

We had parquet wood in our last house and you could see the nail scratches if the light was coming through just right. We opted for ceramic tile in our current house and love it.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

I have hardwoods throughout the house and the dogs nails have not been a problem. They sometimes have difficulty getting traction or braking when "roughhousing". On the positive side, a shop vac makes short work of the dog hairs (shedding) on a hardwood floor

Emyly is offline Senior Member

When I had hardwood floors I didn't notice many scratches, but I did put out area rugs to break up the slickness-- labs playing chase or bitey face can be a danger to themselves on wooden floors-- I didn't want to increase their chance of hip problems later on with one of them slipping.

I too would like to go back to hard flooring. . . I hate carpet.
    ~Em~