Run Free Habi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run Free Habi

DefaultRun Free Habi

Habi finally passed today. Thank you everyone for the kind wishes you sent concerning Habi, my 4 year olds pet mouse.

My son is having a really hard time with it and has been crying on and off all day. We are comforting him and taking his lead on what he wants to do. We had a day planned out today before all this but Gabriel, my son, didn't want to do anything except go out and buy a flower for Habi. He was a great pet and for those people who feel that animals, especially rodents have no feelings they should look at an animal that is suffering. Poor Habi had tears in his eyes near the end and I was left crying my heart out all morning. I am starting to cry just typing this. He was a such a sweet little soul and he brought so much happiness with him for my son. Just last week we were discussing upgrading his exercise ball to a racecar ball and now he is gone. We have been reading Waterbugs and Dragonflies all day at my son's request and we tell him that it is okay to cry and that it is also okay to laugh.

Thankfully my youngest has decided to lighten the mood all day. Whenever Gabriel started crying, my youngest would start hamming it up and do this slapstick comedy routine where he would crash into the couch and fall over going, woe woe woe, uumph. Then he would look at his big brother, smile and when Gabriel laughed he would burst into laughter with him. I'm happy to see such empathy and understanding in what his brother needed on a 19 month old. Sometimes he would just walk over and hug him or rub his arm to comfort his big brother.

I just wanted to let people know because I mentioned that he was fading a few days ago.

Run Free Sweet Habi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Run Free Habi

run free habi..it is refreshing to hear of your children's compassion and care for even the smallest of creatures.
    Habi will be missed and he had a good life in your family's care.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Soar like an eagle, Habi and watch over your boy, Gabriel.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. I hope your son will find comfort soon.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

That is a sweet story. I am sorry to hear about Habi and it is so refreshing to hear about kids who have a feeling for even a small creature like Habi.

I coach soccer for a HS team and about 2 years ago the guys got a rat. Like any good parent or coach guess who wound up with her? I never thought I would be attached to a rat but guess what! I keep her in my classroom except during the summer whan one of my players cares for her.

Run free sweet Habi...you have a great impact on your family.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Run free sweet Habi

I had rodents, mice and rats off on most of my life. I have a terrier now and can;t take the risk but they are wonderful sweet pets.

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Godspeed Habi. :'(
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear about Habi. I was totally distraught when my pet rat died.

Run free, Habi.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

So sorry. Godspeed Habi

Brookville, Pa.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am sorry about Habi. I know your son is feeling so sad. Thankfully he has a brother to keep a smile on his face. It also is wonderful that he shows such compassion for animals. Time will heal his sorrow.

Run free sweet Habi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast