WAAAAAAAA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAAAAAAAA!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultWAAAAAAAA!

Only one more hour till we take the boys to Jean's. :'(

This is going to be hard, hard hard.

Simon is still doing very well, thank goodness.

Hope I don't melt down till I leave. Wish me luck. :

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: WAAAAAAAA!

Good luck! Someone on this forum once told me, leaving them is harder on the owners then on the dogs! They are going to have a great time the way you described the place. HANG IN THERE!!! And as hard as it may be, enjoy yourself and the break bc you deserve it and need it, even though it is hard to believe we ever need a break from our babies!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Don't melt down!!! You can do it!!! ;D

Next time, send those boys up here, I'll watch 'em for you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

You have my address. FedEx'em to me. Poke holes in the box.

Have fun! They will do just fine!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

It's probably going to be tougher on you than on them. Sounds like you got them a great place to stay. Enjoy your time away.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

It's tough I know. I left Haley for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was a nervous wreck. Since she is a rescue I knew she was going to feel abandoned again. I too left her with a GREAT lady who trains dogs and it was the next best person to take care of her other than myself. Whatever you do be positive around your boys and don't melt down in front of them. Easier said than done, I know but it does make a difference. Say a short goodbye however you do it when you leave for the day and go. I got in my car and wailed like a three year old. Wouldn't you know Haley had more fun and kissed her care keeper when I picked her up after 3 long days. I got a call daily from her for a Haley report and she was really pleased with Haley eating, playing well with the other dogs and did a little one on one training with her. Check on your boys while your away it will give you peace of mind and enjoy yourself. As much as I'd love to take Haley everywhere I go my husband requires a little one on one attention too and I try to make the most out of it. Good luck and have fun!

Well, we just got back. I did at least make it out the back door before I :'(

Seeing their little faces behind bars just UGH! Tore my heart out.

You can't explain to them, "Don't worry, we'll be back."

Felicia, next time I will send Simon to you, and Nathan, you get Angus.

Seriously, that was so not fun. All I could think all the way home was, "I cannot wait to go get them."

Before we left, Kevin said, "Did you write her a note about how to take care of them?"

:-[

"Um, yeah. Three pages. Single-spaced."

Oh, I know you're right about it being harder on me than them. Especially this first time. I've never left a dog anywhere. When we were gone, Mom and Dad came over and took care of Crash. I left Angus once overnight at the vet's and it was awful. I don't think they took him out to poop for hours. He pooped as they were holding him bringing him out of the back. >

I know that won't happen here. And they have two side-by-side kennels in a very prominent spot, direct line of sight from the kitchen, right next to Jean's dog.

I think I should've kept the Rescue Remedy for me instead of sending it with Simon...

Connie and "The Boys":

HaleyJo, you would've been proud of me. I went in, got them settled, gave directions, said goodbye very cheerfully and left quickly. Then, yep, I got in the car and started crying. :-[

Ditto also to the husband needing special time too. I would've been just as happy spending my vacation at home with the boys, but I was afraid if I didn't take Kevin somewhere this year I might end up with no husband at all! Sooo, I guess I have to suck it up for a few days.

I just hope all goes smoothly. Worry, worry, worry!

Connie and "The Boys":

Felicia, next time I will send Simon to you, and Nathan, you get Angus.
    Ha!! Then we'll each have 1 yellow and 1 black!! Kewl!

I'm sure Jean won't mind if you call to check up on the boys! When I went to Hawaii 2 yrs ago, it was the first time I had left Henery for any length of time. I called from Hawaii every 2 days! I knew he was in awesome hands, I just needed to hear that he was okay.

Felicia, I am going to try to make myself wait at least a few hours before my first call :P

I do need to talk to her tonight, because I want to go over Simon's meds.

The house is so quiet without them. :-[

My mom just gave me a great pep talk. She said, "Those dogs have you meeting yourself coming and going. You are stressed, but you just don't know it. That's how it goes on, layer by layer. You keep adding classes, grooming regimes, special activities for them, until you have no time for yourself. You have been dealing with as much as new mommies deal with in terms of time commitment. You need to get away! You deserve to get away! And, you have to do it for Kevin." :P

I told her I didn't feel stressed, but she said I'm just in "dealing" mode and will realize how nice it is when I can relax. "When was the last time you gave yourself a manicure? Pedicure? Anything?" :-[

She's a good pep talker. We were laughing about it, but it made me realize, she really is right. I have completely and totally centered my life around them. I love it and I love them, but I guess I do need to take a break so I can come back refreshed.

Connie and "The Boys":

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast