Sudden urinating in a 10 month old Male

Thread: Sudden urinating in a 10 month old Male

DefaultSudden urinating in a 10 month old Male

I thought someone might have experienced what is beginning to happen with Ruger. He is now 10 months old and has been a perfect house puppy since he was around 4 months. Within the last month, not only is he starting to chew items he has never touch before ( only when we are not home), but he has started to urinate infrequently in the house, even when we are home! He did it this morning in our bathroom ( even though he was just outside), urinated on our living room carpet, and once actually lifted his leg on the couch. All this has suddenly begun with no warning. We have not neutered him yet as I was following some of the advice I read on the board...........do you think this is the problem and will neutering him now help? Its not every day, some days he is still a good boy and then Wham! so I don't think its a urinary problem. Any suggestions or personal experience would be appreciated.....
    Jan

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sudden urinating in a 10 month old Male

Since it's not every day, it's not likely to be a UTI, but it wouldn't hurt to take a fresh urine sample to the vet to check just to be sure.
    Do you clean all his in-house urine spots so he can't smell traces which may encourage him to pee there again?

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like he's entered that "teenager" phase. I think neutering is "supposed" to help with the marking in the house but if you want to wait (and I'd be with you on that dilemna if it were me) I think you can train him not to do this in the house. I'm sure others will jump in here with more specific advice.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I was afraid of this teenager stage, we never went thru it with our Golden. I guess we were just lucky, but we also had him neutered at 6 months. I do clean very very well the area's he has hit and used a special spray we bought just for good measure. I guess I'm just worried about him learning bad habits and then neutering him and expecting it to all go away.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I remember having Ranger having a relapse in potty training about that time. Maybe it was the teenager thing like so other posters are saying. It went away.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Teenager.

Neuter him.

I like his name ;D