Car harness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car harness

DefaultCar harness

I'm sure this has been asked before.. But I was wondering what is a good harness to use in the car?? I don't have an SUV.. so no place to put a crate.. I just have a small Mazda.. Blinkee always sits in the backseat with my husband when we go for rides.. But in the summer I would like to take her down to my parents' shore house (about an hour drive) and my husband will not always be able to come bc of his work schedule.

What could I buy so that she could be safe in the backseat.. and I can drive without worrying about her every second?? lol

Any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I actually have two different ones. One is what looks like a regular harness but has a loop for the seat belt. The only thing I don't like about it is that my dog can't lie down or move around so not good for long trips.

The other one I have is a Snap-Back. It's like a bungee cord.....one end attaches to the seat belt & the other clips on her regular harness. I just went to her website to send you a link but due to illness, she's closing down. She has some inventory left but there's nothing to show you how great they are. I like that Hannah can lie down or walk from window to window.

I'm sure you can either check the internet (I've seen others very similar to the Snap-Back) or contact Snap-Back for more info.

Whatever you decide to use, I'm glad to hear that you're looking for a seat belt for your dog. Too many of my friends, with small dogs, drive with their dogs in their laps & just won't listen to me.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I found one in a small pet shop. Basic harness, black seatbelt material. There is a rinf where you would normally attach a leash, but it comes with a short lead made of the same material with a seatbelt latch thingy on the end. You can adjust the length to allow the dog the amount of freedom you desire.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

A lot of people use the tether like Ed mentioned above, such as the Kwik-connect tether. It attaches to the normal harness and you just click it into the seat belt latch.

Scroll down and there's info here: http://www.immioutdoors.com/petbuckl...ts_harness.htm

Great.. Thanks for the suggestions and the link!!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    A lot of people use the tether like Ed mentioned above, such as the Kwik-connect tether. It attaches to the normal harness and you just click it into the seat belt latch.

Scroll down and there's info here: http://www.immioutdoors.com/petbuckl...ts_harness.htm
    This is what I use for Sammi during the summer when the top is off the jeep, she can't be the back seat, so I hook her up in the passenger seat and off we go- and I always remember to shut the airbag off on her side!

sarah is offline Senior Member

we have the seat belt material one with the ring and the loop for the seatbelt. Oh and ours is HOT pink!! It looks adorable on my chocolate girl.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dipete View Post
    This is what I use for Sammi during the summer when the top is off the jeep, she can't be the back seat, so I hook her up in the passenger seat and off we go- and I always remember to shut the airbag off on her side!
    Or the top down in the convertible. The reason I have one.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    we have the seat belt material one with the ring and the loop for the seatbelt. Oh and ours is HOT pink!! It looks adorable on my chocolate girl.
    My dog is not allowed to wear hot pink, I strictly forbid it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Ours is like that, only black. We really like them except that they do tend to immobilize Jaida and Bali and sometimes when they try to turn around they get tangled. Didn't realize you could find them in different colors, but then again I never really looked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast