.. oooh Milly is so naughty!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .. oooh Milly is so naughty!!

sarah is offline Senior Member

Default.. oooh Milly is so naughty!!

Well it's our fault really. She got into the laundry while we were at work yesterday, broke into her food bin and gorged herself! She's been pooping and farting for 24 hours and is a big stinky with a sore bum!

Usually the laundry door is always closed (it's external) and Dave forgot to shut it before he left for work today. Thank goodness she did not have a full kibble bin and it was just under 1/4 full.... I have no idea how much she ate but her tummy was bloated all night and she kept giving us elephant ears / embarrassed / omg was that ME?!? looks everytime her bottom made more noise.

A dog with a sensitive stomach goes nuts on her food for who knows how many hours we were at work (4-ish hours) ..... hooley dooley!! *shakes head*
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Welcome to the real world! Get one of those bins with a locking lid so she can't get into it. I hauled my Pug's fat arse out of a 20kg bag of dog food one day. God knows how much he ate before I caught him but he didn't get fed that night. Now I can leave the pantry door open safe in the knowledge that he can't get into it. Poor sod sits there looking at it like he wants to cry.

either that or teach Dave to close the door? hehe... I think he has learnt his lesson.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Poor Milly, hope her tummy feels better real soon- Poor Mom and Dad having to live through the smell I'm with Garth they make some wonderful airtight containers that are pretty much pup proof and keeps the kibble real fresh. Hope she is all better for everyone's sake real soon

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

Oops, poor Milly! I wonder if she has any regrets. I bet not.

We got a free food bin from Eukanuba back when we used to feed that, and it's great. It has a lid and two handles that flip up and over the top of the lid to hold it down. They're quite stiff, I don't think there's any way the dogs would be able to get it open. They haven't succeeded yet anyway, and it's right there in the kitchen taunting them all day.

Back when my in-laws lived on a farm, they used self-feeders for the sheepdogs who lived out the back. The self-feeders were an ingenious invention by my FIL, created out of a length of pipe, maybe about 1.5m long and 20cm diameter. The bottom of the pipe had a curve like a u-bend. Food was poured in the top of the pipe and the weight of this would push the food up into the u-bend and the dogs could eat as much as they liked from there. Not being labradors, they only ate as much as they needed at a time. Of course, whenever we went to visit, the first thing the labradors would do was run out the back and start gorging themselves on the self-feeders. Goodness only knows how much they ate before we caught them.

Millys food bin is a cool Hills SD one. The lid is very stiff and hard to get open... she WORKED HER BUTT OFF to get it open. You can tell by the chew marks. Somehow she managed it though. I'm amazed! I definitely think a lockable one is something we'll have to think about.

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

Or put it up high? My SIL leaves the dog food on top of the dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by lubmylabs View Post
    Or put it up high? My SIL leaves the dog food on top of the dryer.
    Might have to get David to make a shelf or something. Everything needs to be at chest height or higher otherwise Milly thinks that she can have it!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    either that or teach Dave to close the door? hehe... I think he has learnt his lesson.
    hehe I've found training dogs to be easier than training men

We have this for Jake's food (he's also popped a top off once of twice in his day before we got these)
    Vittles Vault

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJakesMom View Post
    hehe I've found training dogs to be easier than training men

We have this for Jake's food (he's also popped a top off once of twice in his day before we got these)
    Vittles Vault
    I wonder if there is anything like this in Australia!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast