Something Is Wrong With My Tankie
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Is Wrong With My Tankie

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

DefaultSomething Is Wrong With My Tankie

I came home tonight and no Tank. I called and called and he finally came slowly to greet me with a slight wag of the tail He nomally is at the garage door jumping and wigglying like a crazy man.

I made their dinner and he layed on the floor as usual and watched but would not get up to eat his food. I finally got him to get up and he did eat very slowly but did not finish everything. Was not interested in his cookies afterward which he usually drools for.

Now he is the bathroom in his cubby and won't come out. Even if I lift the cookie jar lid that says "um um um those sure are some tasty cookies"

His nose is cold, he pooped a while ago which was normal and peed for a long time.

Please don't anything be really wrong with him right now. I need to fly to Michigan tomorrow or Sat for BIL's funeral. I think I am getting an ulcer over this. If he is not better tomorrow there is no way I will leave him. I can't imagine what could be wrong.

What are signs of temperature? What is normal for dog. I am going to send SU to the store to buy a rectal thermometer.

Even if I rattle his leash and choke collor - nothing - no response.

Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Something Is Wrong With My Tankie

Poor Tank. Hope it isn't anything serious. Could he being picking up vibes on your stress and sadness?

Brookville, Pa.

Oh no Tank. I don't have any ideas but I will send well many many well wishes . Hope he's only has a 24hr doggie bug and he's back to being himself tomorrow.

Only thing that comes to mind of not wanting to eat with no energy for me and past with Cali always resulted in whip worms. I doubt that's it since Cali always vomited too with whip worms.

I do know that my vet told me normal temp for dogs is 100-101. I just had Cali in last week and she was up 1 degree from that but they said that is normal since she was so nervous being there and trying to find the exit.

(((HUGS))) for you & Tank

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Hopefully he's just responding to your stress. Sending prayers that he'll be feeling better tomorrow.

budbud is offline Senior Member

Poor Tankie maybe something must have spooked him was anything out of place when you got home?
    I hope he is back to himself by tomorrow

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I'm thinking like Linda. Tank is so fine-tuned to both of your emotions, whether you know it or not. Body scents.. the slightest electricity in the air... his epi state?

Seamus and Flynn

Hope Tankie is feeling better...he is probably sad too.

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

i hope tankie is just having an off day and it's nothing serious.
    have you run your hands over his body? just feel him all over in case you notice something different or if he reacts sensitively to a certain area or to the pressure of your hands. careful and gently on his belly, give slight pressure over each square inch.
    will be thinking of you both.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Anything up to 102 is ok for a dog. I think I'd take him to the vet if he isn't any better in the morning. If his temp is up, I'd at least call the emergency clinic and tell them what's going on with Tankie.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Sandie, I'm thinking like Nance and Linda, these guys pick up on our every vibe, and you guys have had so much stress lately. I'll be looking for an update and of course Tank will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast