She WON'T lay down!!! (update...looking good!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She WON'T lay down!!! (update...looking good!)

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultShe WON'T lay down!!! (update...looking good!)

Molly has been pacing in circles...sitting down for a few minutes then pacing some more since she got home almost 3 hours ago!

She slept standing up and no I am not kidding, she looked like a horse (lol) We gave her, her only pain pill for today (we may get more tomorrow) but she will not relax :-\

Is there anything that I can do to help her? I know she's sleepy (simply because she slept standing up for about 5 minutes). We tried laying her on her side on the big dog bed, but that didn't work, we let her on the sofa and that didn't work, we put her in her crate she stood up in there...I feel so bad for the poor pup, but I can't think of anything else to try

**UPDATE**

I layed on the floor with her all night. She layed down in about 50 different spots for a total of about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of sleep Needless to say I'm very tired and I have to work from 7am-12pm so my mom is going to sit with her. She will randomly just whine then run away with a petrified look on her face (the running makes her whine louder) so I just hold her tight next to me and talk to her in a whisper.

The vet opens at 8 we're going to give him a call and mom is going to pick up some more pain meds as soon as grandma wakes up so she can watch molly *sigh* I didn't think it would be this complicated, and it's the worst feeling ever not knowing what is wrong and hearing her cry like that

Good thoughts would be greatly appreciated, ya'll are the greatest and I thank you
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: She WON'T lay down!!!

I have no advice, but I would think once she gets tired enough she will lay down. I hope someone can offer you more advice. I hope she finds comfort soon and gives you some peace.

she's probably got funky feeling inside and doesn't know how to deal with it. She'll settle after a while. Cali had a little bit of that the following day (day 2 ) after her spaying. The first 24hrs she was hope it was all she could do to stay awake, she was still so sleepy, she sat up by the door and slid down and fell asleep and never moved for a long time that night. I remember because it was so goofy of a way she slept with her cone on her head I took her photo.

If she's still goofy tomororw AM with no settle I'd call your vet again just to be safe.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

I have to go with Sabrina's thought of a funky feeling.
    I am no dog but about a year ago I ended up in the ER and they gave me a shot of some pain meds and something else to calm me down... after I went home and it was wearing off I couldn't sit, stand, lay down, NOTHING. I felt so bad.
    Once she is able to fall asleep it should wear off before she wakes back up.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: She WON'T lay down!!! (update...not so good)

thanks for the suggestions, but she's not doing so good

she really wants to be with a person though, she's stuck to my side like glue unless i go upstairs then she'll cling to my mom until i come back
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Katies Mom is offline Senior Member

I am sorry she is feeling so bad. I have no advise since all my dogs were rescues and already spayed. BUT, if is any thing like having my surgery I know EXACTLY how she feels. I hope she turns around soon.

I hope today's a better day...she and you must be so exhausted.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

It does sound worse than normal. I hope the pain meds help her rest. Prayers for Molly to recover and feel better soon.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Poor baby. I hope she starts to relax soon.

clancey canuck Guest

Oh my, I hope she starts to feel better soon. Good thoughts on the way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast