Woo-hoo!!!

Thread: Woo-hoo!!!

Labmom2b Guest

DefaultWoo-hoo!!!

Wanted to share my recent news...it looks like SU and I will be getting our Lab in July! We applied for adoption with a local guide dog agency a few months ago but tried not to get our hopes up. Their dogs who don’t make the cut for becoming guides are adopted out, but the adoption folks are careful about placing each dog with the right owner. We were told they would keep our info on file for a few years with no guarantee that we’d get a pooch due to the high demand.

Well, they called two weeks ago wanting us to meet a dog. We were ecstatic. After talking with them, we realized this was not the right dog for us. And I explained that we were taking advantage of our current doglessness to go on vacation in June, and wouldn’t want to board a dog that’s just getting used to us. It turns out they have several dogs who are potential matches for us (adult yellow male, submissive, no history whatsoever of aggression). They performed a fence check and told us to check in with them when we return from vacation in early July. If we meet the right dog, we could bring him home then.

One of my friends is so psyched that she’s decided to throw us a doggy shower! : She wants to see if it’s possible to register at a pet store for toys and treats. I’m almost too embarrassed to ask, but find it pretty amusing at the same time.

SU and I went through a terrible ordeal in January when we had to put our beloved young dog to sleep. We still miss him, and know we’ll have some emotional moments at first with the new dog, but I think the new guy will also help heal us as well. We’re so looking forward to having a dog in our lives again, and we love Labs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Woo-hoo!!!

Awww that's great!!!

I wish I had gotten a shower! ;D
    ~Lindsay

Paula is offline Senior Member

Good Luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry about Ronan :'( He was beautiful and so distinguished looking!

Congrats on the new one!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

That is so cool! I didn't know that the adopted the dogs out to everyday people. I hope you can find the right one for you Oh and a doggy shower sounds pretty fun lol
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

clancey canuck Guest

Will keep fingers (and paws) crossed for you.

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

That is wonderful! I hope everything works out for you. I'm sorry to hear about Ronan, but sometimes the best thing we can do to get over our grief is find another furbaby to love. Can't wait to hear about your new addition!