So how long can they hold it??

Thread: So how long can they hold it??

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultSo how long can they hold it??

Brodie is uncomfortable going up the deck steps and I am taking him to a chiropracter for that. But in the iterim until he is better, I have to plead with him to get him to come back up onto the deck. He goes down the steps fine.

This morning, he didn't want to so ut all all to out to do his business. He went out last night at 9:30 and so it was 11 hours and he seemed happy just to wait. (I am still recovering from surgery so I was up late this AM) I finally got him to go but I wonder how long they can hold it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: So how long can they hold it??

A lot depends on the dog. My friends golden is quite content holding for 12 hours without asking to go out. If I'm out of the house for 8 hours at a time, Jes is begging to go by the time I get back.

biscuit is offline Senior Member

I also think it depends upon the dog. Biscuit goes into "hibernation mode" when we're sleeping or when I'm not at home, and he can hold it for 12 hours if necessary- especially if he didn't get a lot to drink before going to bed or before I leave the house.
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Allie is offline Senior Member

Teddy can hold it for 12 hours, and even then, he's rarely running out the door as if he just has to go! unless it's a #2 emergency. My little ones can't hold themselves that long, though.
    Allie, Teddy (6), Emily (7), and Ivy (4)

bibber is offline Senior Member

Yep, depends on the dog. Sam needs to go more often than Bodie. When we get up in the morning, Sam needs to go straight out. Bodie wanders around, eats his breakfast, wanders around some more, and finally pees.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Mine can easily hold it 12 hours. Last night Maisy went out for a pee/poop about 7pm. She didn't want to go out before bed so held it until about 9pm the next day --15 hours, her choice!