Oil in Food.....

Thread: Oil in Food.....

DefaultOil in Food.....

HI there
    I was wondering if anyone places oil in there labbies food , and if so how much ?
    Tillers coat is really looking bad in places, and she seems to have some dry skin under the fur. She has always had a really nice coat.
    No changes in her diet as well. I gave her about 1/2 teaspoon with her supper of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Is this okay?
    She gets fed twice a day , but should i give her oil twice a day ?? Am i giving her enough oil ? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any and all concerns.
    Jacqui and Tiller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oil in Food.....

I feed my dogs Flax Seed Oil. It comes in capsules (buy at Costco) They get 2 a day, one in the morning, one a night. I also give them a can of sardines on Sunday evening.. the oils in the fish are very good for them and they really like the fish

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I feed my dogs Flax Seed Oil.* It comes in capsules (buy at Costco)* They get 2 a day, one in the morning, one a night.* I also give them a can of sardines on Sunday evening.. the oils in the fish are very good for them and they really like the fish
    Linda, when you give the can of sardines, is that all they get, or do they get a bit of kibble too?
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I get Kronch salmon oil and put it on Jaida's food at dinner time. She loves it and it makes such a difference in her coat!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

They get their regular kibble with the fish mixed in.. it's a big meal They love it

Linda
    U find a difference in your doggies coat with the pills? If i cannot get them at Costco how much oil should i give Tiller and do u think the olive oil is okay ??
    Thanks
    Jacqui