Jules & More of Life's Little Pleasures

Thread: Jules & More of Life's Little Pleasures

noahsark is offline Junior Member

DefaultJules & More of Life's Little Pleasures

Turtles. Jules is fascinated with turtles, as most dogs are. They just can't figure out where they go. We had to rescue a decent sized turtle a couple of weeks ago as he'd gotten stuck between the fences and of course as we picked him up, all the important parts disappeared inside the shell and Jules just couldn't figure that one out. She's seen several since then and she'll stick her big snout through the fence and give these big sniffs like she's trying to suck the poor turtle right up her nose. The turtles just look at her with that turtle stare.

Jules also learned pretty quickly that the hardwood floors are the best place in the house when it's hot out. She just ignores her big, comfy bed and heads right for the bare floors. Of course she's usually right in the middle of the highest traffic area of the house but she doesn't really care.

And like most dogs Jules is an excellent guardian. She defends the yard and the house with the biggest, scariest bark you've ever heard. Her bark is unlike any of the other dogs. If we're not in the room, we know that Jules has spotted a pesky walker or a kid on a bike because the house practically shakes when she lets out her big woof. I think our house is the perfect house for a dog like Jules. There are windows everywhere and they go almost from floor to ceiling so she can lay anywhere she likes and still see outside. I think she likes that.

Pete and I have been doing some yard clean up today so all the dogs have been outside with us and Jules wandered over to her pen and looks so cute sleeping with her head against her pink breast cancer awareness blanket. She really is a sweetie. Pete calls her "J dog" and she loves it. Oh and she also really, really loves ice cream.

Brenda
    Brenda

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Jules & More of Life's Little Pleasures

;D

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

what a sweet girl

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Itsn;t it always the simplest things that mean the most!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I imagine a turtle would look like a pretty alien creature to a dog who'd never seen one before ;D Now that I think of it, the boys haven't encountered a turtle yet either.

It's so much fun to view the world through innocent eyes. Must be what it's like, to some extent, to have children. Everything they experience is with such wonder.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever