The Langley Show

Thread: The Langley Show

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Langley Show

lcspt asked about the AKC show that is at the convention center where I work. It is going pretty good, thank you.

The two clubs that sponsored the show did a very good job in organizing the event. The numbers are not as strong as they had hoped, but there have been very positive comments as to the show and the facility. Most of their shows have been outdoors so coming into a brand new building to do a show is a bit different. They have tried to treat the building as their own and to respect everyone's concerns. I have enjoyed working with the committees and look forward to the next show next year.

No Frosty Paws or pocket tacos this year, though the concessions department swears they will look into it for the future. The Dipping Dots went over well. They had salads and wraps for sale and bottled soda and water. Looked like concessions did OK.

There were a lot of nice looking RV's. Only complaint I have heard so far was the lack of shore power. Something that will be discussed for next year, I'm sure.

This is a what the AKC calls a Cluster show, not quite the same connotation I usually associate with that word. I thought the show was very well planned and organized. This year it was sponsored by two clubs. Each club ran its show two days. Each day is a new show, so it is like attending four shows. Saturday there were a lot of people who just came to watch.

I have seen only a few things. I looked at the vendors, stopped and watched part of an Obedience trial. What i saw was the stay while out of sight. About a minute after the handlers were gone a miniature Dachshund broke, walked a few steps to get a better look, sat down, looked at the judge, walked over towards the judge, sat down, stared at her for a moment. Let out the most pitiful howl and then stared off in the direction of the now gone handlers. I felt sad for the dog and handler. The handler was an older gentleman who was quite disappointed the dog did not stay. Mine would have come and got me and given me a piece of their mind that I left them.

Also met a very wonderful Rottie named Bachelor. He won Best of Breed. When I first saw him he was napping with his head on his owner's purse under a chair Later I was talking to someone and felt somebody starring at me. It was Bachelor. The look was "Please come over here. Please pet me!" I enjoyed talking to his owners and meeting bachelor. He was very friendly and gentle. Nice looking dog.

Met a Lab breeder who does rescue work with the Lab Rescue of the Potomac.

Lab Granny's Tina was the demo dog for a canine chiropractic seminar. Mom said Tina moved much cleaner after the demonstration. Just pranced. Mom was quite pleased with the results. I thought Tina moved quite well Saturday night when we went over to their house for dinner. Better than when she stayed with us earlier this month. She might start taking Tina in for adjustments. I wish now we had gone later. Maybe an adjustment would help Jack too.

I have to work this afternoon. I hope to take a bunch of docu-shots of the layout for next year's planning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Langley Show

Was the dachy's name Hummell? If it was, I know the handler and his pup. The hander is over 90 years old and still showing. I have been so impressed with him. He is a very nice man.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Langley Show

bump for andy
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo