CGC Disaster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CGC Disaster

DefaultCGC Disaster

Essy did not pass the CGC through no fault of her own.

When we got to the training facility we found out our trainer would be the CGC evaluator.* That had disaster written all over it because Essy LOVES the trainer but she did amazing well despite the fact.

Nope, the issue was worse than that.* They were only taking 15 dogs.* Essy and my daughter were to be #6.* When #5 was in the ring, I had my daughter potty Essy, warm her up, then heel her up to the ring.* The evaulator decided to take another dog instead and sent them away.* They did this not once, not twice, not three times but 9 times!!!!* Once my daughter was even inside the ring when another person told her to get out so so she could put her dog thru and as my daughter was leaving some people outside the ring yelled at her to get back in so she did and then evaluator yelled at her and told her to leave again.

I don't know if they treated us like this because they knew us or what but I was furious and fit to be tied both as a parent and as a competitor.* I tried to maintain some composure for my child but I was fuming mad.* My daughter was upset and on the verge of tears all night. Not exactly the first time ring experience I was hoping for her.* We finally got her in the ring as the 15th dog.* The evaluator had her sit Essy and she greeted my daughter then went over Essy and Essy sat beautifully wagging her tail.* Then she set them up to heel.* It was an L pattern.* Essy was heeling beautifully then on the about turn, Essy squatted and peed...automatic fail.* My daughter was devasted.* Her emotions had run that gamut that night.* I felt so bad for her.* It was my fault that I didn't tell her to potty Essy again after the 8th time back to the ring but honestly, my mind was so clouded with anger at the situation that it didn't even cross my mind to see if Essy needed to go again.

I give my daughter a lot of credit.* She told me she wasn't mad at Essy.* She was upset because she forgot to potty her.* I told her it was my fault too since I was supposed to be guiding her thru this process and I forgot too.

I took Murray out and let Meghan take him thru an Excellent Rally course for fun.* They did great and my daughter had a huge smile on her face as she left the ring.* I know it didn't make up for the CGC but I hope it left her with a good impression on showing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sloigo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: CGC Disaster

Sorry your you & your daughter had a bad day! Glad you were were quick thinking & able to have her run Murry through the Rally course! Yea Murry for salvaging the day!!!
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh my GOSH!

That is just horrible! What in the world??? Why would they do this? Lydia, I'm so sorry. That had to be so frustrating.

Well, sounds like you did some excellent damage control by sending your daughter in to end on a good note. Poor girl!

When will they have them again so you can take Essy and your daughter back?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm pretty sure they yanked us around because they know me so well...or so they think. I intend to give them an ear full at training on Wed.

When will they have them again so you can take Essy and your daughter back?
    I'm not sure. We don't get the exams out here very often. This one was a surprise that I only found out about 2 weeks ago. Our next chance may be in the fall once show season gets underway again.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Well, I really think that it would be perfectly fair to ask for a do-over. I mean, it's not even like they said, "No, you can't go now, we're going to let you run last." They just kept "one more dogging" you so that there seemed no good time to take Essy out.

Honestly, I don't think that would be asking too much!!! I guess the question is, can the evaluator come back and do it again.

Well, anyway, Essy did great and would've passed with flying colors if everyone had their act together. I hope your daughter realizes it was not her fault.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry it was a disaster. I feel bad for your daughter, it was not fair to her to be treated that way. When you go to class on wed I hope you explain that was a poor thing to do to your daughter. As Connie said she should have been told we are going to have you go last. I hope the next try goes off with flying colors.

Well that was a rotten deal! I sure would complain too, not that it would do any good, but let them know that you KNOW you (your daughter) were delt an unfair deal.

Good thinking on your part for letting your daughter run the Rallly course.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Know you or not...it just doesn't sound right.*
    Hugs to your daughter and Essy...
    Essy will pass with flying colors the next try.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I don't know what to say ......... I'm an evaluator and cannot imagine asking anyone to leave once let alone 9 times!! I'm glad your daughter was able to run Murray in Rally and ended the evening on a positive note.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

No fair. That is terrible for your daughter and Essy.
    Next time, I think will be a piece of cake after that experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast