I've loved labs since I know about their existance. Today I realized there are so many reasons for it, one of them is that they are the most beautiful dogs. Here are a few things that make them beautiful:
1. Ears: Unlike other breeds, labradors dont need to have their ears cut, glued or shape to make them look acceptable or beautiful. What isnt more pretty than their soft floppy ears dancing in the wind while riding in the car with their heads out.
2. Tail: Just as the ears, it doesnt (shouldnt) be cut. The loveliest thing of a lab is their happy otter tail, that is able to knock anything down when they are happy to see you back.
3. Tongue: Always available to lick you to show you their affection for you, to kiss you when you are sad or even angry... or just because it's fun!
4. Eyes: For me there is nothing like the smart and sweet look of a lab.
5. The most important of them all, their spirit. They are persistent to obtain what they want: food, play time, a walk, your love, to get a smile out of you, when you are sad... But mostly to get food!
You can add on this list as much as you want, because there is no end to why labs are the most beautiful dogs.
I agree with your five reasons. There are many more; here are a few:
They always look clean, even after they are muddy, the mud rolls off their teflon fur and they look clean again when they dry.
They have a zest for life. Everything they do is with great intensity, sleep, play, eat, swim, love .....
I don't know how to describe it but they are just so huggable.
Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"
Their big labby personality, they just have that happy go lucky, zest for fun! When in play with other dogs its most evident, that big smile, and wanna play, wanna play, did somebody say ball? look about them!
I admire their ability to rebound so quickly, with a little love, attention & routine.* Most of the fosters we have, 2 of 3 days & they are falling into our routine. Most we have had show little to no signs of their past. More just exploring & learning how to "play" & "be a dog". The day after Daisy had her eye taken out it was us who had to be the bad guys, she was ready to go play! We should all be able to move along so easily & quickly!* ;D
Daisy, always happy....
Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
Kiana YL 5/2006
Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
**Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
*Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*
LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.
Shiny coats and LOYALTY!!! Oh and something about those absolutely adorable faces!
Their loving nature - you haven't been loved until you've been loved by a lab.....They just love you back so so much.
Even though I was not raised with dogs, as long as I can remember, I wanted one of those "Golden Retrievers that come with really short hair." LOL!
I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.
Throw the ball, damn it!
Somebody already mentioned eyes, but I just want to say it again. There is nothing like looking into your Lab's eyes and seeing the world in them.