My foster for the weekend...

Thread: My foster for the weekend...

c17wife is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy foster for the weekend...

This is Annie when the rescue got her in in December.

This one is from tonight.

She's a mix but I cant figure out if she's lab/boxer or lab/pitt. Annie came from southern GA, where she was picked up by animal control. She had just delievered litter of 9 puppies. She is very shy and was most likely abused by her former owner. She's a very sweet girl but horribly shy. The only people she's come up to within petting range is myself and my kids. They asked me to bring her home for the long weekend so we could work with her and to just get her away from the rescue for a while. So far she seems to like everything here......except SU. I think her former abusive owner was a man.
    I might have puppy pics over the next week or so too. There's a yellow female who's due anytime there now and I have weekend duty. I'm kinda scared because I've never done that before but Laura has given me some tips.

Wish us Luck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My foster for the weekend...

She is a pretty girl. How wonderful of you to bring her home for awhile. Good luck on your weekend duty. You will be just fine.

You know bringing her home was probably a great idea. When we got our dobie at 14 months we knew the divorcing couple and he hated Katie. I was in high school and they were going to put her down as she was so afraid of men. The idea broke my heart so my parents agreed to take her.

It was to the point that we picked her up a 1pm and I was in the shower getting ready for a 4pm shift when she realized she was alone with my dad. That was when we discovered she could open bathroom doors as she came and got in the shower with me to get away from him and all he had done was offered her a treat. But it took her less than a week to figure out my dad was her best friend and would spoil her rotten.

Sometimes exposure to kind loving men when they are afraid of them is the best thing for them. I hope she has a wonderful weekend and learns how good a loving home can be.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

She looks very sweet. Especially that white splash on her chest.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azlab
    You know bringing her home was probably a great idea.* When we got our dobie at 14 months we knew the divorcing couple and he hated Katie.* I was in high school and they were going to put her down as she was so afraid of men.* The idea broke my heart so my parents agreed to take her.*

It was to the point that we picked her up a 1pm and I was in the shower getting ready for a 4pm shift when she realized she was alone with my dad.* That was when we discovered she could open bathroom doors as she came and got in the shower with me to get away from him and all he had done was offered her a treat.* But it took her less than a week to figure out my dad was her best friend and would spoil her rotten.* *

Sometimes exposure to kind loving men when they are afraid of them is the best thing for them.* I hope she has a wonderful weekend and learns how good a loving home can be.
    :'( Tear of joy for Katie that she found a good home.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I always get really angry when I hear of abuse...it really makes me wanna beat the crap out of the person who is guilty of such. But at least Annie has a chance and bless you for taking her in. One thing I noticed is how much brighter her eyes seem now compared to when she was first rescued. Hopefully she'll get over her shyness and realize alot of us men are really kind and gentle towards our pets.

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

Good luck with everything on your plate.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully