Run free little Lizzie (Update-poison!)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run free little Lizzie (Update-poison!)

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRun free little Lizzie (Update-poison!)

UPDATE: Vet school's preliminary autopsy says that they think she was poisoned! However her kidneys were so calcified they were unreal. They could not have got that bad in so short a time. It may have been the final straw that she was poisoned with rat poison.

Eileen says she could only have gotten rat poison if someone purposely put it in their yard or she ate a dead animal who had eaten some... the latter is unlikely as Lizzie was not prone to eating dead animals.

It will be a couple weeks before the full autopsy is done. Eileen has promised to keep me posted. (WigWag... if Lizzie's kidney problems were caused by anything hereditary you can be sure that I will be testing Ender regularly just in case... in fact, I'd probably do it anyway just to be sure, regardless of whatever the vet school finds)
    -----
    Hi everyone...

Well.. Eileen had to put Lizzie down last night.* * :'(* Some backstory I had forgotten:

5 years ago, when my mom and I went to Eileen to pick our mom's puppy, there was a littler of 9 adorable wiggling yellow and black boddies.* We were definitely getting a black male and Apollo, the littlest of the bunch, stole our hearts with his pink tongue sticking out of that cute little black face.* There was also an ADORABLE yellow pup about half Apollo's size in the litter as well.

That little one was Lizzie.* I learned today that Eileen and her husband decided to keep Lizzie because she had stole their heart when she sat in the palm of Eileen's hand and looked up at her.* They were also afraid something might be "wrong" with Lizzie since she was so much smaller than the other puppies and didn't want to give her to a family just in case.

Lizzie was happy and healthy for five years.* She grew to about 50-60 lbs and was all about the BALL like her mother, Lucy.* She also inherited her father's love for affection and would body slam you to get cuddles when you visited her home.* (In order to visit puppies at Eileen's you need a least 3 people... one to cuddle Lambeau, one to throw the ball for Lucy, and one to actually visit with the puppies and talk to Eileen. ;D )

Last night Lizzie, still not eating and getting quite weak, was still wagging her tail for Eileen.* * The Vet School said that Lizzie was so bad off that soon she would be in unbearable pain and Eileen had to let her go.* *:'(* They are pretty sure she had a congential condition that just didn't show up until the uterus infection but are doing a free autopsy.

Tomorrow we are going to Madison and Eileen said she would like to see us (and Ender of course) if we have time to stop by.* I'm not sure how well I'll deal with this, I'm not great when it comes to being around very emotional people and I don't want to make her more sad by having a crazy 4.5 month old puppy running around.

Eileen's health is improving though final results of her eye surgery have yet to be revealed.

Ok... off to cry now as it could have easily been Apollo... he was nearly as small as Lizzie compared to the other pups.* Also, secretly VERY glad we did not take Baby Dublin (the smallest of Ender's litter).* So sad... I don't think I'll ever look at the smallest in any litter the same again.* (yes I know there is a big difference between "the smallest" and an actual "runt"... it's just going to be an emotional knee-jerk reaction)

~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Run free little Lizzie

I am so sorry. She sounded like such a great Lab. Run free sweet Lizzie.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

God speed sweet lizzie :'(
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

:'( *Run free sweet girl... *

I hope Eileen is okay! *If she wants to see you guys and Ender, it might giver her some comfort and a bit of joy.

That is scary about the smallest of the litter... but think of it this way... every single litter has a smallest puppy. *If being the smallest lead to being sickly, then there would be A LOT more sickly dogs! *I am curious to know about the autopsy though, whether she had a congential heart condition. *Keep me posted on that! *Last checkup CoCo's heart was fine, and the vet listened VERY carefully. *She's turning into a little tank too, so I'm thinking her small size in the litter had to do with worms, since she took a major growth spurt after a deworming.
    ~Jo & CoCo

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

*ding* for Lizzie :'(

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

God Speed Lizzy

That's really sad. Run Free Lizzy.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Run free sweet Lizzie

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

Run free Lizzie.

Won't someone please feed me!

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCosMom
    That is scary about the smallest of the litter... but think of it this way... every single litter has a smallest puppy. If being the smallest lead to being sickly, then there would be A LOT more sickly dogs! I am curious to know about the autopsy though, whether she had a congential heart condition. Keep me posted on that! Last checkup CoCo's heart was fine, and the vet listened VERY carefully. She's turning into a little tank too, so I'm thinking her small size in the litter had to do with worms, since she took a major growth spurt after a deworming.
    I agree with you Jo. I guess what I mean is that for me... emotionally... I just don't think I could ever look at the smallest in a litter in the same way. It's not a rational thought... it's a knee-jerk reaction I think I will have forever.
    ~Lindsay

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast