Nance...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nance...

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

DefaultNance...

Can you tell me how you came to have all your furbabies? I know bits and pieces of stories, and I know Scamp just kind of showed up.

When I joined this board, all you had was Paddy, a couple of cats, and you had just gotten Seamus when I went AWOL for a few years.

Can you enlighten me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Nance...

*bump*

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Well, you know about Paddy.

The next dog was Scuppers, a lovely mix of things, including some beagle, I brought home from the SPCA in 1999.* That darling boy turned out to be a highly aggressive biting dog and I was forced to return him to the SPCA.* I wouldn't be surprised if he were still there.* He was rather in command of the place and the people who worked there had always let him hang out with them in the front reception office.* They reported to me Scups was also fond of visiting the cats in the cattery there.* Dear Scups.

After that we considered JRTs for our small breed.* Ruled that out for a number of reasons and settled on beagles.* Might as well have gone with a jack, as far as activity is concerned!* ** *Megan was our first and she came from a breeder in southwestern Oklahoma in 2001.* She was born 3 days after 9/11.

I really wanted Meg to have a playmate, so enter Darwin 6 months later.* Another southwestern OK breeder produced that wonderful little boy.* Meggie mothered him and took him in as if he was her own.* The first day home she stretched out for him to suckle!* Remarkable as she was so young and spayed.* Nevertheless, under her protective and guiding wing he went.

A couple of years later Rusty came along.* A girlfriend who could not keep him due to a nasty divorce asked if I would help her find Rusty a good home.* She brought him down from Kansas, her home, to stay with us until I found the perfect forever home.* Well, I suppose Rusty was really my first unofficial foster failure.* The sweetest dispostion, such a beautiful border collie, and he enjoyed being with the other dogs.* That was pretty much that.

My next foster failure was two years ago.* I was working with our lab rescue and was to overnight this gorgeous black male.* I got him home and within the hour I called rescue and asked the intake woman to get me the adoption papers as soon as she could.* She must have broken speed records to drive them to my house and the deal was done.* It was then that this lab's named changed from Smokey to Flynn.* *

And last, but certainly not least, there is Scamp.* Beautiful purebred Lhasa.* Running loose down a very busy main street by our neighborhood last Thanksgiving, a neighbor scooped him up.* No pets allowed at his apartments, and knowing we love dogs, he rat-a-tat-tatted on our front door.* Tud went out to see what the neighbor wanted.* It was dark, it was cold.* He came back inside carrying this dirty mop of creamy and blonde and vanilla-y fur like it was his first born child.* That was Scamp.* What a cutie!* And her certainly bears out that old adage about good things coming in small packages.

I'm glad you asked, Janna.* As we all enjoy doing, this gave me the opportunity to tell a little about each one all on the same page.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cool..I never knew the story on the whole gang either.

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

Wow what a wounderful story to share and inspire us all with!

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

YIKES! I left out Seamus!!!!!!!!!

Seamus was my surprise 50th birthday present from Tud. He came after Darwin. I had been wanting a black male ever since Paddy was about 2 years. It didn't happen and didn't happen, so I set the plan. I'd lure Tud to the JL board and have him look at cute black puppy pictures. I'd tell the stories. I heave big *sighs* and in a small and withering voice accomanied with a quivering lip would say, "Oh well. Maybe some day. Maybe when Paddy is... oh let's not even go there."

The morning of my 50th Tud said he had to go out on location for a few hours. "Fine. I'll see you later," He appeared at the front door about 4 hours later and knocked. I didn't realize the storm door was locked. With one hand holding Paddy's collar and looking down at him, I flipped the latch and in came Tud. With this tiny little black bundle. The cutest thing I'd ever seen! Seamus! He handed him to me and I cried and cried and cried. I kept saying "Oh my God! Oh my God!"

I don't think I put that puppy down for 6 months. Seamus. My heart dog.

Seamus and Flynn

:'( :'( I love Seamus.

LOL; Nance, I was reading that and thinking ... Seamus; her heart dog!! What about Seamus!!

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

What WONDERFUL stories of how your gang came to be! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

So nice to read this Nance! It's fun reading the histories!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast