What breed of dog would you NEVER own?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What breed of dog would you NEVER own?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat breed of dog would you NEVER own?

Ok, this isn't Lab related but it is dog related. ;D

I know this has been covered before but I like "general" questions that anyone can participate in.

I would never own;

Any Bulldog/Mastiff type dog; Staffies, Pit Bulls, Bull Mastiffs. I have met some really nice examples of the breed but I have also met some nasty ones. I would never chance one of these breeds purely due to their potential for dog aggression.

Little yappers; Yorkies, Bichons, Toy poodles...I could go as far as saying I am not a fan of ANY toy breed. I don't like tiny dogs.

Terriers; I like a couple of terriers (Border Terriers, Cairns) but again...don't like the size or attitude.

Irish Wolfhounds, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Danes; I LOVE these breeds but would never own one purely because they have such a short life expectancy...I couldn't imagine losing a dog to natural causes after as little as 7 years.

My next dog (long while off) will be a Lab or another gundog breed. An English Springer would be top of my list, followed by a German Shorthair Pointer or working bred English Cocker. If I wanted to get into other dog sports I would look into a Border Collie or German Shepherd because of Trick my GSD/BC mix!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What breed of dog would you NEVER own?

I'm with you on a lot of your list.
    No bully breed dogs mainly because I hate the way people act when they see one and would worry about the increased potential for aggression issues. I would concider a boxer though.

I'm not a little dog fan either although we (my bf) has a yorkie. He's cute but can be very annoying and would not be my choice of dog but I love him none the less now that he's here. NO pomms or chi's though they are too yappy for me.

My preference would be another lab or golden.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Boxers - I've seen too many in class that are as stubborn as the day is long. I don't want a dog I need to have a full-blown argument with over every single issue on earth.

Yappers - Not interested in the toy groups at all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Little dogs are OUT... espeically those UGLY hairless ones!!! (Chinese crested?)

Smaller dogs... the only one I mildly like are the Westies...

Medium dogs... Again... just not a fan really

Large dogs... love em!! Would probalby not get a rottie/bulldog just 'cause of the perception issues even though I know they are wonderful dogs (when given the right OWNER and breeding)

X-Large dogs... love em ALL!!! Lately I have really liked the Bernase (spelling?) Mountain dog and also fallen in LOVE with Rocco (Chance's brother)

But most likely.. my next dog will be a lab.
    ~Lindsay

I am with you on no bulldog, pitbull. I personally do not like the looks and I think their natural tendency towards aggresion is scary and overlooked by most people who own them. I love when they say "oh no, not my girl, she is the sweetest pittbull ever"! ya, until she kills the neighbors dog one day out of the blue! Just have heard too many horror stories. Has there ever been one of the stories about the Lab who attacks and rips neighborhood child's face off?
    Cannot stand yorkies. I always find the small dogs to be the aggresive egotistical ones at the park.

I'm with you on little yappers and bulldog/mastiff types. Rotties, boxers etc worry me.*I like some terriers and I like westies. *I prefer the gundog breeds, but if I were to get another dog I think I would like to get another lab as I adore them..

NEVER anything in the toy category...too Paris Hilton for me...too notoriously bad with kids.

Chow...never. *

Cocker spaniel..met too many mean ones.

Don't mind terriers but they are puppies their entire lifes, ok to visit just wouldn't want to live with one.

From experience with Autumn, as MUCH as I LOVE her that hound dog AROOOO can go right through me at 6:00 AM. Not to mention when her nose is down her ears are closed.

I would LOVE and English Bulldog or an English Mastiff but not a large amount available as rescues and I can't find any rep breeders around here (bulldogs anyway haven't looked into Mastiffs yet). *Big fan of Rotties too I think they get a bad rap.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Terriers and pit bull types.

Next dog(s):* a lab and a white GSD.
    (and for smaller dog: beagle and/or dachshund)
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

I welcome all dogs no discrimenting here.....all dogs can find a home with me!

I'm not a fan of the extremes (Giants or Toys)...giants because their lifespan is so short and toys because they are obnoxious for the most part. However, if I was living in a situation where I could only own a small dog, I'd probably get a Papillion.

I'm also not found of terriers or hounds but there always 1 or 2 in the group that I'd own like the Rhodesian Ridgeback for example.

I'm also not a fan of grooming so long hair dogs are out as well but I'd make an exception for a Gordon Setter, Flat Coat Retriever or Standard Poodle.

I like most of the herding group, non-sporting, and misc group.

My love,however, resides with the working and sporting group. Rotts and Labs rule! *;D

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast