Well she did it...AGAIN!

Thread: Well she did it...AGAIN!

DefaultWell she did it...AGAIN!

Only a few weeks ago Jaida tore the pads off of three of her paws. She was in so much pain she couldn't get up out of her bed. Well, she has torn two of them again...her two front ones. I just don't understand! We went to the dog park and she was in the puppy pool and fetching, but that normally doesn't do anything. Anyone have any ideas for preventative measures that I could take? Poor girl...in so much pain!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Well she did it...AGAIN!

Don't have any preventative measures for you, but mine scraped his back pads pretty bad last year. After the public pool closed for the summer, they had a day in September just for dogs to come swim....geat, fun day!

Some days later, Tucker was licking his back paws a lot...we couldn't figure it out, nor see anything. I took him to the vet and she found it...on the back pads, they were scraped pretty good.

We figured it out.....he'd gone over into a deeper part of the pool, and when he came out, was pushing against the side of the pool with his back paws to hoist himself out....that's what caused it. The vet gave us some ointment to use while they healed. We felt sooo bad.

If you insist on letting her run on such harsh surfaces, I'd suggest you get her some boots. Something like this http://www.ruffwear.com/s.nl/sc.2/ca...it.A/id.716/.f would work.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

If you insist on letting her run on such harsh surfaces, I'd suggest you get her some boots.
    Well I just didn't think that dirt and grass were harsh surfaces. On the pool deck, I could understand a tear, but loose dirt and grass? Anyhow, I have considered getting her some boots, but I worry about whether she will take them off. She can't stand having anything on her paws...I have to supervise at all times to make sure they stay on.