For those who attend dog shows- Dog Show Concessions question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who attend dog shows- Dog Show Concessions question

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultFor those who attend dog shows- Dog Show Concessions question

There is going to be an AKC Dog Show over Memorial Day weekend* in the convention center where I work.* They are expecting 1100-1300 dogs and their people, plus they are also doing Home Again micro-chipping for $25.00 per dog for the general public.

Would trying to get Frosty Paws for the Concessions stands be worth the trouble? Have other places offered concession-fare for dogs?* I was thinking of suggesting getting a few cases to see if it would go over, but I don't want to spend money on something people would not buy at a show...

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: For those who attend dog shows- Dog Show Concessions question

I've never seen it offered at dog shows. I would buy some if my dogs had tried it before and didn't have any issues with it. However, if you're a handler and have a string of other people's dogs, not sure I would buy something that may upset the digestive system. Definately don't want your dogs to have the runs...or any other issues.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Wouldn't it melt?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

everydog is offline Senior Member

dweck, I'm pretty sure they have freezers in the Convention Center.

Lab Dad, would your head be on the block if it didn't sell? I think there are folks who would reward their dogs w/ a frosty paws - and you could always post a sign near the microchip clinic for the general public.

labby is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure how it would sell Andy.

Laura

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

dweck- not only do we have freezers refrigerators and ice machines, we even have flush toilets!* Indoors!

There are 1100 dogs entered in the show.* Show is pretty well controlled.* There is specific entrances for dogs.* Spectators are allowed in through one entrance only.* No strollers allowed. The micro chip clinic is just inside the concourse doors.* The show area is by ticket/badge access only.* Only entered dogs get into the show area where the vendors and concession stands are.* Frosty Paws are available locally at two grocerrs- both accross the street from us.

The Show Committee wanted us to have more than just burgers and death dogs available at the concession stands.* We are doing salads, wraps and gee, I don't know- lots of other stuff, plus the usual bottled water, sodas and coffee.* Being a dog show, I thought Frosty Paws might be worthwhile.* There are 30 vendors selling dog stuff.* We have exclusive rights on food sales.* They are also expecting about 100 RVs being parked on site for the weekend.* We are also surrounded by hotels and fast food restaurants.

What foods have gone over big at other summer shows?

---
    edited to correct number of vendors from 55 to 30. The flyer I saw tonight listed 30 vendors . A committee member said there were more. I'll stick to the published number.

labby is offline Senior Member

One show we go to has "pocket tacos" which I love. Its a small bag of fritos with flavored ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and a little bit of shredded cheese on top with a packet of taco sauce if you want it. Serve it with a fork and its easy to eat.

Turkey or ham & cheese sandwiches or wraps are always a favorite also. I try not to eat hot dogs where I don't know what kind they are.

Laura

The Show Committee wanted us to have more than just burgers and death dogs available at the concession stands.
    death dogs!!! lol

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Heck, if it is a warm weekend, I would think they would probably sell out pretty quickly. It would definitely be worth a shot, I would think.

Other things that I've seen a ton of people buying at shows include nachos (those ones with the gross runny cheese topping), chili fries, churros (the cinnamon stick things), ice cream/ice cream bars, water (huge bottles), and the regular hot dogs/hamburgers.

Labby's "pocket tacos" would probably be a real hit around here, too. We have a lot of "Mexican-type" food (you know, the more Americanized stuff like crispy tacos and so forth) around southern California. Yum!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I would definitely give it a try. Especially with the campers staying over night, they might buy it to give to them later.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast