Help

Thread: Help

Jesseb1181 is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp

So we picked up our pup this week. He is the runt of the litter. He is a full blood black lab with no papers. When I took him to the bet everyone there told me he wasn't a lab and the breeder lied about how old he was. He is suppose to be six week. Attached is the picture what do you guys think? He is currently 3 lbs and needs to be six by the end of next week the vet says
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

ETA: never mind I missed you already have the dog

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

when you go with a random breeder that doesn't even "have papers. on the puppies you get what you bargained for unfortunately. pure bred doesn't mean well breed (meaning typical labrador temperament) or healthy. He also left the litter much too early.

At this point, you have him. love him for who and what he is and ensure he is healthy. You won't know if he is or is not pure bred. He is VERY small for a lab so he may well be mixed with something smaller.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Well yeah of course we will love him. In fact in the short time we have had we all have fell in love he is ours to keep. We were just curious

lovingly1 is offline Member

You may want to look for a book about how to support a pre wean age pup. We did this kind of thing a lot with kittens. We gave them supplements from a bottle. They learned to hold the bottles themselves, and actually those we brought up that way were extremely friendly, cuddly and sweet, and they stayed that way. Good luck to you. We have been getting some good advice after finding a local trainer. They can help you even at this stage.

We have a young puppy too. They like to have something to cuddle with. We had a pillow made from heavy duty thread so that it will be hard for her to chew it apart. (at least for now). She sleeps with it, holds it, and seems to feel comforted by it. You can also put a clock near the cage. The ticking is comforting. And there are some who use (warm, not hot) hot water bottles inside of a pillow case.

Thank you. We do give me a doll. The vet said he is fine on kibble so we feed him all day per her