Labradoodles breeder

Thread: Labradoodles breeder

Bobk is offline Junior Member

DefaultLabradoodles breeder

We are thinking of getting a puppy from Lilleholm farms in Denison Iowa. Does anyone know this breeder? Can't find any reviews either pro or con. Any help would be greatly appreciated

This puppy would be replacement for our beloved Sophie who succumb to brain cancer after four and half years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

So Bob,

Why a mixed breed? Poodles have their set of genetic/ health issues and Labs have their's also. Some overlap, some are different. Considering the "founder" of Doodles gave up after ~30 yrs of an unsuccessful breeding program, and not only gave up but was regretful. One thing about Labs is they are a pretty healthy breed overall if coming from good breeders who screen for all the health issues. Poodles too. Now take the Doodle breeders, who are they going to buy their breeding stock from? No one reputable!!!!!

One step further... Does Lilleholm even DO clearances? I can't see a thing about any on their website. Just a lot of fluff. Adoption? No, you are BUYING a puppy... more fluff.

Requiring spay / neuter by 6 mos? That's crazy, I'm sorry. I've sold a couple lab pups to vets who thanked me for my requirement to wait until growth plate closure (~14 mos or so) at min. Why? Well the one vet deals w/ the fallout from some of the Doodle breeders and has seen what it can do to the health/ structure/ soundness of the dog.

Gosh, I just hope you rethink all this. I've also been in classes and at clinics w/ some around here, and have to tell you but the temperaments are NOT anything like Labradors. One breeders' doodles were even dog aggressive. No way could I recommend anyone going w/ a doodle. Sorry.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

agree 100% with the above.

at a minimum I'd except appropriate clearances for each parent and keeping puppies until 8 weeks. sold on non breeding contracts and that if you ever need to rehome the dog they would take it back at any time. They should ask YOU lots of questions about what you want in a dog and your lifestyle so they can best pick the puppy that would fit your family.

Remember doodles are not all hypo-allergetnic. depends on the particularly puppy's coat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

If you want a mixed breed, adopt. This is a LAB BOARD by the way. Not a doodle board.

Bobk is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down

Sorry to encroach on the lab board. Please accept my apologies and you can kiss my ass

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Surely there must be a Doodle board out there??? Sorry but I've been around a lot of doodles in obed classes, etc, and not one Labradoodle even had an iota of Labrador temperament, looks etc in them. Totally different critter...

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Emsdad is offline Junior Member

I see lot's of Labradoodles out there and they certainly seem to be in fashion right now. I have had dogs all my life and have had more purebreds than mixed. With a purebred you can almost guarantee the temperament whereas with a mix it is more of a gamble. The only time I have had mixed breed has been through adoption. I would absolutely encourage adoption to anyone wanting a mixed breed dog, there are lots out there needing a loving home. I believe that is why there are so many mixed breed dogs available for adoption, that along with the fact that so many people are unsuitable dog owners.

fan of fanboys is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobk View Post
    Sorry to encroach on the lab board. Please accept my apologies and you can kiss my ass
    gotta love when someone is an idiot and blames those around them.

Mistet is offline Junior Member

Haha rock on Bobk. I don't know if anyone of these posters are still on this site but that's awesome. I have a Lab husky and am on this site... I sure hope I don't get the same crap from someone here. We are all dog loves and if your lab is a mix breed he/she is still a lab. Yellow Belly that's just rude! Play nice little doggie!

fan of fanboys is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistet View Post
    Haha rock on Bobk. I don't know if anyone of these posters are still on this site but that's awesome. I have a Lab husky and am on this site... I sure hope I don't get the same crap from someone here. We are all dog loves and if your lab is a mix breed he/she is still a lab. Yellow Belly that's just rude! Play nice little doggie!
    by definition a lax mix breed is not a lab. it is a lab mix breed. of course still welcome on site but don't ask questions pertaining to another breed and then act indignant when no one here is equipped to answer.