a few questions

Thread: a few questions

cerissa is offline Junior Member

Defaulta few questions

im getting a 11 month old this afternoon, would have liked to get him friday night so i could have weekend with him, before work but that couldnt happen. but i do work 8-5 mon-fri, i can come home on my lunch break as i have an hour lunch break, to give him a quick walk, or just let him out and pet him for a few minutes. but my question, since he still is in that puppy phase when it comes to chewing, i imagine, should i get a crate for him, or would he be ok, in my room with nothing to chew except his chew toys? and what chew toys should i get? im getting a nylabone for him, my last lab was obsessed with those, she had to have one when coming in the house before she calmed down, and she just loved it.its a good chew thing so ill be getting that. but not sure what else

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jertom is offline Senior Member

has he been in a crate before?
    is he housebroke?
    do you know the folks he came from? they should be able to give some insight.

im not sure, i will be ask today when i go meet him, any other questions i should ask?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jertom is offline Senior Member

probably more then I can think of but;
    where is he used to sleeping? crate? bedroom? garage?
    what food has he been eating? not a good time to change with everything else going on in his life,
    has he been to the vet? which one? you could then check with that vet to see he's up to date with shots and if he's on heartworm meds.
    I hope it goes well for both of you.

ok, well he is home!!!!! doing good, another question he is just walking all over the place, and wont settle, what can i do to get him to calm down cause i think he is stressed of course, and he wont go to the bathroom, we have bene home 2 hours, it took 1 hour to get hime, and he wont go to the bathroom, is this cause he is stressed cause of new enviroment

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Yes, he's stressed over the new environment.

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

his whole life just changed, he's stressed. figuring things out.

be patient but set down the rules right away (don't allow now what you don't want later).

I HIGHLY recommend signing up for training classes - help for bonding and getting a relationship going.

SweetShelby is offline Senior Member

I took mine to a doggy daycare and he loved it. They even had cameras and an app so I could watch him while I was at work whenever I had free time. Now I just drop him off at my parents house so he won't be alone.

I think it's wonderful you adopted him! Expect him to be a little nervous at first until he adapts.

Thor is offline Junior Member

Congratulations on your new lab! I am too an adopted lab parent! I adopted Thor back in June and he was the same way! I took him to petsmart after I adopted him and bought him toys so he would have something to play with that day. He was very curious of his new home but after a lot of affection and playing he soon fell asleep. Not too long after he went to the bathroom. Just takes time to feel relaxed and not stressed from not knowing where he is or who you are. He now knows where home is and who his "grandparents, aunt/uncles" are and where they live. My parents have a farm and he LOVES running around on acres of our yard with the other dogs! Just love on your dog, play with him often and take him on walks and he will be happy! Hope to see pictures soon!!IMG_2547.jpgIMG_2446.jpg