After a 2 year delay, the search resumes... Looking for input!

Thread: After a 2 year delay, the search resumes... Looking for input!

K9-unit is offline Junior Member

DefaultAfter a 2 year delay, the search resumes... Looking for input!

Hi again everyone, about 2 years ago we were looking to get a third lab for our family and received a bunch of good advice, input, and direction from several people here. We decided to wait till after our baby was born and was more mobile (good choice). Unfortunately our 13 year old yellow lab passed away a few weeks ago and honestly, I can't stand not being a 2 lab family any longer. I got great responses on reputable breeders here in the past and still have information for several of them.

During some research I found a breeder in poughquag (sp?) NY, Temple Labradors, I can't find any information on them besides their website. Any one have any additional info on this breeder, have one of their dogs, or even heard of them? Any info is greatly appreciated!

We are in Maryland, but will travel for the right puppy, so additional breeder recommendations are welcome and appreciated...

Thanks again!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ItsTangy is offline Junior Member

Sorry for your loss...
    Where in MD are you? I have family in Columbia MD, I love MD!
    I'm working with Ridgeview (specifically Kristie) for my lab pup. He is due any day now! =)
    She also has some upcoming litters towards end of July....I'm not sure if there is already a wait list yet.
    She is located in Iowa...and she is great! Very responsive and is always ready and willing to provide support/answers.
    We are having our puppy flown in, and she said she's shipped many pups and they all do fine.
    Good luck!

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Temple looks like a BYB, I would stay away from them.

Look through some of these litters...
    LRCP Litter Listings

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tangy, we are on the eastern shore of Maryland, near Ocean City, thanks for the info I will look into Ridgeview.

Yellowbelly, thanks for the "heads up", out of curiosity, how does someone determine who is BYB? What are some of the clues to look for?

Thanks, both of you, for your help!

Winston5614 is offline Junior Member

DefaultBreeder

Look up Jeff Moore at Rambo Run Labs - Located near York, PA [South of Harrisburg, PA]

Jeff is well known for his show dogs [Labs] in the NE

Rambo run is good. How to tell its a BYB? For one thing, a reputable breeder puts the dog's photo up with the AKC registered name, all the clearances done and a copy of a pedigree. A website that has that stuff hidden, usually one of many things they are trying to hide from you.

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I had contacted Rambo Run earlier, he is planning a black litter soon,. I was hoping for chocolate or yellow, but I did like what I had seen and will consider. If anyone knows someone in the mid-Atlantic region planning a chocolate litter let me know!

For a good chocolate litter, I would be prepared to do a little traveling.

Try any of the litters on this page: Sky Farm Labrador Retrievers - Current and Expected Litters Sired by Our Boys

Started my search there.. That is where I found Temple Labradors in my original post..