Desperately in need of recommendations for a reputable breeder in Georgia

Thread: Desperately in need of recommendations for a reputable breeder in Georgia

Shivant is offline Junior Member

DefaultDesperately in need of recommendations for a reputable breeder in Georgia

Hello everyone! My name is Shivani. My fiancée Anthony and I are looking to welcome a English Chocolate Lab into our lives and home. We have been preparing for this pup for the past 2 years. I have a few breeders in mind that I think are good, responsible reputable breeders. But I'm looking for any recommendations from anyone who has experience with a English Lab breeder in GA (anywhere in GA,NC,TN) we don't mind traveling for the right dog! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbelly View Post

Thank you for your suggestion Yellowbelly. I have research this breeder alittle and was impressed with them. I have tried in the past two weeks to contact this breeder without any avid but I will try again... Third time is a charm, hopefully! Please, can you tell me if you have had any personal experience with this breeder, what it was like? Either through a PM or this post. I will check both regularly.

Thank you for you help!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Try to realize too, that the better breeders often have wait lists for puppies. I breed mostly blacks and chocs, and have had some folks wait a year or longer for a pup.

It's best to choose your breeder first, then wait for the right litter and puppy. Your use of the word "desperately" implies maybe you are in a hurry. I hope not as most of us don't have litter after litter all year long. Good luck! Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    Try to realize too, that the better breeders often have wait lists for puppies. I breed mostly blacks and chocs, and have had some folks wait a year or longer for a pup.

It's best to choose your breeder first, then wait for the right litter and puppy. Your use of the word "desperately" implies maybe you are in a hurry. I hope not as most of us don't have litter after litter all year long. Good luck! Anne
    Hello Anne, thank you for your response. We have been looking into breeders and researching the breed for the past 3 years now, although we are now starting to contact breeders. I totally understanding about the waiting. It seems like the breeders that we have been researching and following for the past 3 years and have had our heart set on, either have all their pups spoken for, they don't have chocolates or they aren't breeding for a little while. I'm starting to feel heart broken. I didn't think it would be this hard. But we want to be responsible and DO NOT want to buy from a YYB or a pet store. I was hoping to get some recommendations from others lab owners here so I can start researching their suggestions for breeders. I'm not looking for Lab in the next few weeks but in the next few months would be ideal. If you have anyone in mind, please let me know.

Thanks again!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I'll ask a friend in SC if she has any litters planned soon and will pm you if so.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

yellowbelly is offline Senior Member

I know Kelly through the Facebook Labrador breeder network.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbelly View Post
    I know Kelly through the Facebook Labrador breeder network.
    She was nice enough to reply! We have been in touch! Thank you for your help 😀