help please....

Thread: help please....

jrunyon919 is offline Junior Member

Defaulthelp please....

Hello all. I bought a suppose to be full blooded black lab from a guy that trains labs and breeds labs for hunting. No papers on the dog paid 350$ for but with the ears I dont know if it is full blooded lab like he says. Please help. He has the lab like characteristics like he loves to swim, plays fetch, likes to go after ducks and birds but im just uncertain. Hes 4 months now and weights about 45 pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

The pictures are not giving us a clear picture of the puppy's body shape or head shape due to the angle they were taken, so we can't help on that front.

If you were concerned about wanting a pure bred lab more research should have been done and papers should have been given. IF you got a deal and went with some dude well, you get what you pay for. Just hope his temperament remains stellar and love him for who he is.

Labs are not labs no matter what. They are labs in temperament and good health when the breeder does their homework and is responsible. THis means they ensure health of the puppies by doing ALL the health clearances prior to considering breeding a dog (hips, elbows, eyes, heart, eic, cmn - MINIMUM). They ALSO prove the dog in a venue, in this case hopefully the parents were proven hunters at least, generally you look at titles (field, hunt or/and conformation).

Liking to swim and fetch are pretty general characteristics of many breeds, I wouldn't say they are lab specific. But again, enjoy the dog you have. Too late for worrying now.

40 pounds at 4 months sounds big.

nicole is offline Senior Member

Agreed with above. If a quality purebred labrador is what you were after, that's what you should have gotten in the first place. Enjoy your puppy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jrunyon919 is offline Junior Member

Thanks yall I got more pictures if it makes it more clear. I mean I love him to death but the person I got it from I dont want others to get screwed over from him if he did it to others intentually
    Attached Images Attached Images

mauricio is offline Senior Member

why "help please"?

i don't get it. you got a dog, not for lots of money, without much research and now he's yours. right?

you want us, on the internet to tell you if the dog is a full blooded lab, poorly bred lab, lab mix?
    i say, now whatever he is, train and love him.

most folks really looking for a full blooded, lab with clearances, do a bit of research. if others get dogs from this guy, and didnt do the homework, i hope they love their pup. for $350 there's not much i'd expect in clearances. just a pup from a byb who i hope turns out to be all you wanted in a dog. or a lab.

alannahmonks is offline Junior Member

He's a cutie!

Looks like a lab crossed with a pit bull to me. He's yours now so love him, care for him, and train him well!

FLEA is offline Member

Lab/Pitty mix...Enjoy your pup and train him well.
    Once you've owned a Labrador, everything else is just a dog.