Pet hair and Vacuums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet hair and Vacuums

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultPet hair and Vacuums

We all have fur babies and they shed. …

We believe we have a 3rd dog living in our house named “Shadow”. We never see him, he doesn’t come to dinner ,or sit on our couch for cuddle time, doesn’t steal blankets or push us over in bed too make room so he can stretch out… but he is there.

We see evidence of him under our bed, couch and in the corners. Spring seems to be the worst. Sometimes you have to pick him out of the food we eat. When the broom comes out there is even more evidence, I can’t be alone in this phenomenon.

I want to lovingly evict him. I have tried the cheap Walmart vacuums and usually winds up with me clogging them up and saying things that make the living dogs blush.

I am afraid to buy an expensive vacuum like a Dyson when though they claim to be good for pet hair.

What do you use what has been successful in ridding yourself from “Shadow”? Should I just give up and call Ghost Hunters or should I contact The Dog Whisperer and see if he’ll perform an exorcism

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mauricio is offline Senior Member

i have an electrolux canister and the original dyson upright. hands down -dyson.

i now treated myself to the outrageously expensive dyson stick which is kinds of instead of an electric broom. I LOVE IT AND USE IT ALL THE TIME. does hold much so it needs emptying but i now have two labs, and a french bulldog and they all shed. when rex, ,my yellow boy was alive he shed the most.

couldn't be without them.

BirdMan is offline Member

LOL! Both ghost hunters and the dog whisperer sound like perfect solutions. But probably expensive and you'll have to entertain them while they are there and worry about your nosy neighbors looking for an autograph or a spot on the camera. I'd just go with the dyson animal.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BirdMan View Post
    LOL! Both ghost hunters and the dog whisperer sound like perfect solutions. But probably expensive and you'll have to entertain them while they are there and worry about your nosy neighbors looking for an autograph or a spot on the camera. I'd just go with the dyson animal.
    Maybe, but have you see the price of a Dyson? I would get my money’s worth from the productions food service….the dogs would too….lol

but they last. every part comes out and is washable.

i have the original upright, still sucking away.

xracer4844 is offline Senior Member

Swiffer a lot, and I use a shark navigator lift away pro vacuum. Couldn't be happier. Best vacuum I've ever owned and used. I have used dysons. Just read the reviews comparing the two together.

Quote Originally Posted by mauricio View Post
    i have an electrolux canister and the original dyson upright. hands down -dyson.

i now treated myself to the outrageously expensive dyson stick which is kinds of instead of an electric broom. I LOVE IT AND USE IT ALL THE TIME. does hold much so it needs emptying but i now have two labs, and a french bulldog and they all shed. when rex, ,my yellow boy was alive he shed the most.

couldn't be without them.
    My grandmother use to have one of those canister type with a power head she got from a door to door sales man back in the 70’s it was a work horse …now days there made out of cheep plastic and not sure if there worth the money.

KJW
    KJW is offline Junior Member

For stand up we have a dyson , should have gone with different model . Still pull our Shark out , shark seems to be a little more versatile ( hose on dyson upright is stiff ) easier and quicker to go back and forth between vacuum and hose on Shark . Everyday kitchen , stairs , quick pick ups or vacuuming up high dyson stick is great

Shark are in many stores , sams , costco . dyson stick we got at costco

Kathy

the old metal electrolux is long gone and i swear the new one doesn't work as good as the original of which i had two, believe it or not. this one, fair. i love to use the dyson afterwards to see how much hair still was there . i know ,weird.

Dog Paddle is offline Senior Member

Just bought the Dyson DC37 and it's great. About the same price as the higher rated Miele but no bags. The bags were going to cost a fortune. The Dyson we can just wash out the holder thingie part. Much better suction than our old Sears Kenmore (not sure which company made it for Sears, it's about 10 years old) and we are happy in the whopping two weeks we've had it. $599 Canadian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast