To those who use E-Collars
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To those who use E-Collars

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

DefaultTo those who use E-Collars

I don't, but if had to, would. BUT would get instructions. Today the Vice President of AKC was on Fox and Friends talking about banning e-collars as the UK has.

Due to the fact of improper usage, we have come to this. Someone has to save us from ourselves. Even the ones that actually KNOW how to use the product. And those with invisible fences, will NOT be grandfathered, if this is banned is allowed.

Already banned in the UK and now the UK equivilant of the AKC here did a study to help AKC ram this "oh we know better" rule.

Truly a shame. That society has gotten to this point and those people who properly use e-collars and invisible fences are going to be punished.

Here's the article with the study. I suggest you read it if you are an owner of this product.

Companion Animal Psychology: The end for shock collars?

KAZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Gee wonder if this will apply to people who use electric fences for horses, cattle, sheep and rest of livestock.

Another intrusion into our private lives by an organization attempting to be another "Letter Group" of the Federal Government. Unbelievable, but its true.

Better look to it. I know a lot of farmers who use it because the people around them don't like regular fences. So what will happen?

KAZ

OH BTW, when will prong collars, choker collars become illegal? We all have to use flat collars, or gentle leaders because it's better for the dog. Just like any other tool in any other occupation or hobby, is that. a Tool.

Yea, yelling and screaming about animals being unsociable, hard to manage, and what do the experts say, take away tools that have helped when used correctly.

Oh well. Not the society I made. Have fun with it. Good Luck.

KAZ

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

xracer4844 is offline Senior Member

Pretty disappointing. As a Canadian, I'm sure we will follow suit shortly after. It's like the BAN on pitbulls here. Pitbulls are the sweetest dogs...but there are irresponsible people that give them a bad name SO NOW no one can have them...and anyone who has pitbulls has to keep them muzzled in public until they die, regardless of how good they are.

It's not fair to punish the experienced, and the professionals who know how to use these tools properly and effectively. Someone on the team has an e-collar for their dog. I put it on my neck and told him to turn it on because I wanted to see what it felt like. I barely felt it. It wasn't on its highest setting at all, but he said he never used it on its highest setting. It's there if he needs it to be.

Your right though kaz, why end at e-collars. You may as well ban any tool we use for training...everything can be used incorrectly. Whenever a new group of people come in for training, we just watch them all come in, watch all the "gear" around their dogs necks in order for them to control them (various collars and chains and leashes) and we watch how they interact with their owners and other dogs. The first thing that happens is our trainer goes around and says take everything off, get rid of that you dont need that; she gives everyone a slip chain and a flat leash. Simple. She then teaches you how to use it, when to use it, the way you pull on it etc. The majority of people say wow these are great, you are right we don`t need any of that stuff. This is much better!

Well, people can abuse it. Just like they can abuse everything.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I do, and these are ignorant people who don't even WANT to understand the proper use of the tools. A flat collar can do a lot of harm to the larynx also... so let's ban them too.
    As many pet dogs I see walking on 2 legs gagging (owned by those who believe in ignoring the negative of course), it's pretty obvious how "untrained" the so called "guardians" (another word that grinds me) are for the dogs these days. The fact they are still calling them "shock collars" tells me a lot. One person recently wanted to ban prongs from our club's training classes and events because well AKC doesn't allow them (well, no.... those are COMPETITIONS meant for dogs that should already BE TRAINED). She also reasoned that because as an instructor, she didn't know how to use them... so hence they should be banned. I suggested she wasn't quailified to instruct in that case. My bad, but I'm sorry, that's just the way the US is going. Ban this, Ban that, all because someone misuses a tool. I say ban stupid people from owning dogs and by all means, procreating themselves! Hate to say it but I've been more and more disgusted w/ the folks at AKC as time goes on.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xracer4844 View Post
    Pretty disappointing. As a Canadian, I'm sure we will follow suit shortly after. It's like the BAN on pitbulls here. Pitbulls are the sweetest dogs...but there are irresponsible people that give them a bad name SO NOW no one can have them...and anyone who has pitbulls has to keep them muzzled in public until they die, regardless of how good they are.

It's not fair to punish the experienced, and the professionals who know how to use these tools properly and effectively. Someone on the team has an e-collar for their dog. I put it on my neck and told him to turn it on because I wanted to see what it felt like. I barely felt it. It wasn't on its highest setting at all, but he said he never used it on its highest setting. It's there if he needs it to be.

Your right though kaz, why end at e-collars. You may as well ban any tool we use for training...everything can be used incorrectly. Whenever a new group of people come in for training, we just watch them all come in, watch all the "gear" around their dogs necks in order for them to control them (various collars and chains and leashes) and we watch how they interact with their owners and other dogs. The first thing that happens is our trainer goes around and says take everything off, get rid of that you dont need that; she gives everyone a slip chain and a flat leash. Simple. She then teaches you how to use it, when to use it, the way you pull on it etc. The majority of people say wow these are great, you are right we don`t need any of that stuff. This is much better!

Well, people can abuse it. Just like they can abuse everything.
    FYI Quebec is going to (or has will have to check the dates) banned e-collars as well as prongs. not sure about enforcement since they are having issues with dog abuse and mills as it is though.

Just thought I would mention that those who are really concerned should read the UN Charter. This BIG document, hidden in plain sight, never mentioned by the politicians, is our enemy. And don't be mistaken, they (policians) ALL signed up for it, regardless of the letter behind their name. If you own livestock, or do sports in waterways, you better read this.

Barry Obama (and that's his real name born in Kenya, ended up here as an exchanged student who fell thru the cracks, became very close to the radical liberal professors, who directed him to powerful financial people such as the Sheiks from Saudia Arabia who made up this life) is following the UN Charter to the T.

It's amazing how a College student from University of California LA, who did the research on the above statement and he was imprisoned for 3 months and then FORCED to sign a gag order. Amazing isn't it. And how many years did we have to listen to how George Bush was a bad student and shown proof of?

Better read the UN Charter.

KAZ

Here's something of interest.

» IRS Travel Ban: Revoking Citizenship By Stealth Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

You should read the new EPA regulations on waterbodies. You got a pond? They can now automatically come on your property and FINE you for whatever find.

And I'm sure if they don't find anything, they'll make something up. You should see what they did here in New Jersey under a federal consent order by BOTH Dems and Reps (the lawyer for the Fed consent here is now Governor...imagine that). This is what COMPROMISE is. All making money off the backs of the innocent people. Who had nothing to do with it. And in this area, we have now a high school with no Federal ID on it, and a Overpass that is NOT on the map. All financed by George Norcross, DEM leader, which the Governor won't touch.

KAZ

Max Dad is offline Senior Member

Political "Correctness" will be the end of the United States as we know it....

Quote Originally Posted by Max Dad View Post
    Political "Correctness" will be the end of the United States as we know it....
    I agree.

KAZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast