So proud of my Gwen!

Thread: So proud of my Gwen!

Gwendolyn's mom is offline Junior Member

DefaultSo proud of my Gwen!

We have had Gwendolyn now for a week. She is a Lab/poodle mix and some had me worried about her temperament but I can't be more proud of her. So far she has brought out my neighbor boy who said he doesn't like to spend time outside because he doesn't have friends but comes out waiting to see Gwen. We had a lovely chat for a bit and he went home with a copy of Harry Potter to read. I have also met a tiny little rescue dog whose owners thought she was aggressive to other dogs. At first the little guy growled and barked and Gwen did a little as well. Gwen then laid down as the little girl continued to growl and before we knew it the little one laid down, rolled over and they were playing like old friends. What a lovely little addition she has been to our family... if only she would poop outside for me. HAHA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

I'd definitely be proud of Gwen! And regarding the little boy and not having human friends, my Son was like that. Couldn't be bothered with how the kids bullied one another. And with my Son being homeschooled, well, he was their subject of bullying. But, just one punch to the nose of the biggest mouth in town, and no more bullying. I was VERY proud that day! Plus I tend to lean more to those children who have more friendships with animals as that in my eyes shows a softer more compassionate heart and soul. Plus there is no backstabbing with animals either.

Give your Gwen some time and you will be on here say "She's POOPING outside!". She'll get it in time. Keep working with her.

KAZ

Gwendolyn's mom is offline Junior Member

Thank you! The neighbor boy has ADHD and I do as well so we were able to discuss what some of our difficulties were. We have lived next to each other for the past 3 years and this is the first time I have really spoken to any of my neighbors and I am just loving it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's mom View Post
    Thank you! The neighbor boy has ADHD and I do as well so we were able to discuss what some of our difficulties were. We have lived next to each other for the past 3 years and this is the first time I have really spoken to any of my neighbors and I am just loving it!
    Honestly, think everyone (children and adults) these days has a bit of ADHD. And some dogs just got that ability to help deal with anything. So thrilled for you and your neighbors that this lovely pup has helped break open conversations. Helpful conversations. Dogs are amazing conversation starters.

Look forward to hearing more of Gwen. She has something special inside and she's found someone that will nurture it and share.

KAZ