My Crazy Lab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Crazy Lab

Shawn156 is offline Member

DefaultMy Crazy Lab

Jake is almost 4 months old now and I have a 6 year old Rat Terror.They play around,the Rat Terror (Spot) will try to play bite. Jake uses his front paws to smack him in the face like he is boxing.He also will use the back part of his body to push Spot around when playing. I think when I taught him how to shake,he now uses it for self defense against Spot.Wish I had a way to get a video of Jake doing the boxing and pushing him with his body.
    Jake is about 35 pounds or more (28lbs last vet visit a month ago). The Vet said he recommended a 4th round of Parvo since the weather has been the way it is,so he goes back in a few days for that.Jake seems to be growing fast.2 months ago he was a lap dog,now he can't do it,but he tries.He tries a few things he done when small but can't do now.We have a cockatiel in a big cage and he used to be able to go under it.Now he just pushes it when he tries to get under it to hide.He can't get under it. He has been a great dog so far and healthy. He is fully crate trained and will bark in the middle of the night when he needs to go outside.He's my 3 am alarm clock that I really don't need.
    Jake Black Lab Born 4/22/14

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Jake sounds like a sweetie. I have a 3am alarm clock to in the form of a 3month old. Rather be woken up than cleaning pee in the crate. Tomorrow is our pup's next booster shot so can't wait to see how much weight he's put on. Growing like a weed!

Look forward to hearing more about your Jake.

KAZ

Quote Originally Posted by ZRabbits View Post
    Jake sounds like a sweetie. I have a 3am alarm clock to in the form of a 3month old. Rather be woken up than cleaning pee in the crate. Tomorrow is our pup's next booster shot so can't wait to see how much weight he's put on. Growing like a weed!

Look forward to hearing more about your Jake.

KAZ
    They are like kids growing up but much faster. Forgot mention what happens when he comes in the house from his potty break.Goes to the water bowl which holds about a half gallon of water,then goes to the cabinet where the treats are and sits and waits for me to get one out for him. I am working on him going to his crate when told to so get the treat and start walking towards his crate.I tell him to go to his crate,he runs in and sits wanting that treat. We do shake on it also lol I like the puppy side of Labs.
    He was upset with me since it rained and we didn't get our walk in.I am trying to teach him to sit when I stop and to stop walking me instead of me walking him. I shorten the leash so he can only get a few feet ahead of me.My goal is to have him walk next to me and sit when I stop without a command to do so.It may be to much for him to comprehend what I expect since he is still an oversized puppy. Jake also will try to sit in my lap while I watch TV and I keep telling him he isn't a Lap dog he is a Lab dog. He just doesn't get that part
    Let me know what your puppy weighs in at.Jake was 28 lbs at 3 months old.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Pup is 23.9 pounds (weighed at vets). As my pup was from a litter of 13 and was the smallest, vet thinks the growth has been spot on.

BTW, have a feeling I'll be having a lap dog as well. But really don't care, as love the snuggling part.

KAZ

Pup is 23.9 pounds (weighed at vets). As my pup was from a litter of 13 and was the smallest, vet thinks the growth has been spot on.

BTW, have a feeling I'll be having a lap dog as well. But really don't care, as love the snuggling part.

KAZ
    Jake was from a littler of 11. I take him to the vet Monday for his shots and a nail trim,I will see what he weighs then.He has to be close to 40 now. I was told to the weight at 4 months doubled would give a god idea of what they will weigh full grown.I figure 70-80lbs for Jake.

Look forward to hearing how big Jake got. They keep saying my pup is going to be big by the size of his paws. I'd say, guessing about 65-70. Should be interesting.

Hope all goes well for Jake with his shots and nail trimming.

KAZ

Look forward to hearing how big Jake got. They keep saying my pup is going to be big by the size of his paws. I'd say, guessing about 65-70. Should be interesting.

Hope all goes well for Jake with his shots and nail trimming.

KAZ
    Jake still has huge paws as well. He doesn't mind getting a shit.No whimper and he doesn't even flinch.Mess with his ears,totally different story.Very protective of the ears. I will post Monday on his weight but after picking him up today I guestimate he is almost 40 lbs now. One thing I don't have to worry about is when it's bath time,he jumps on in the tub and sits waiting for his bath. Makes it so much easier on me for him to jump right in.

memarich is offline Junior Member

Our English Lab Hirshey is now 6 months & weighs 63 lbs! Yes he still thinks he's a lap dog.

Haven't an issue with paws and ears other than pup thinks it's playtime. Working with him so that ears can be checked daily, along with using a battery operated dremel. He's seen it but I haven't turned it on yet. Should be interesting.

Memarich, wow 63 lbs at 6 months! Big Love bug! Truly love to hear what his adult weight will be. What's his height?

KAZ

memarich is offline Junior Member

Z, Hirshey is 20 inches from paw to top of sholder. Breeder says he may go as high as 95 lbs! He will surely eat us out of house & home!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast