Play Biting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play Biting

Phatpaul is offline Junior Member

DefaultPlay Biting

What does everyone do to correct play biting? Radar is now 12 weeks old and his teeth are really sharp. I have been redirecting him to a toy when he is in hyper mode. Take him for an hour walk off leash and nothing seems to be working. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover34198 is offline Senior Member

Try the search button for this topic there have been loads of previous threads with great advice.

fan of fanboys is offline Senior Member

I hate when people say use search function. Why post any questions ever then because Google search can turn up pretty much every imaginable issue.

Anyway to answer Phatpaul there are other things can do. First is to let puppy know when they bite you won't give them attention. Give them something to bite/chew on and then walk away. Also since they are teething something like a wet wash cloth that has been frozen is good for them. When they bite you say 'no bite' or whatever command, and then provide them something they can chew on. Something cold will help with teething pain but do not have to give something cold each time, can just be a toy for them. A kong with the place to put in a treat or kibble is also something. Kong has one that wobbles and piece of kibble falls out.

Hope that helps get you started

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fan of fanboys View Post
    I hate when people say use search function. Why post any questions ever then because Google search can turn up pretty much every imaginable issue.

Anyway to answer Phatpaul there are other things can do. First is to let puppy know when they bite you won't give them attention. Give them something to bite/chew on and then walk away. Also since they are teething something like a wet wash cloth that has been frozen is good for them. When they bite you say 'no bite' or whatever command, and then provide them something they can chew on. Something cold will help with teething pain but do not have to give something cold each time, can just be a toy for them. A kong with the place to put in a treat or kibble is also something. Kong has one that wobbles and piece of kibble falls out.

Hope that helps get you started
    I wasn't referring to google...there is a search function on the forum which leads to previous threads. No need for a snide remark. I simply mentioned that as this is a very repetitive thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover34198 View Post
    I wasn't referring to google...there is a search function on the forum which leads to previous threads. No need for a snide remark. I simply mentioned that as this is a very repetitive thread.
    I'll be snide when I feel like it; especially when a worthless answer is given like the one you provided. Everyone knows there is a search function. They are not new to the internet. If a mod or admin decides the question is repetitive then they can create a rule that says "do not create any thread with a questions or issues that has been addressed before." Alas, no such rule exist. It is not welcoming or friendly (or needed) to contribute with a comment that says "use the search function." That kind of answer is useless and repetitive.

Try the search button for this topic there have been loads of previous threads with great advice.
    You could also take your own advice. Here are some threads you have started that have been addressed before. Or can you make repetitive threads while chastising others for doing the same?

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...nstipated.html
    Yup, plenty of constipated threads

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...st-season.html
    Question about a dog's first heat? Yup, addressed before.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...meals-day.html
    When to adjust amount of puppy meals? Asked and answered prior.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...b-humping.html
    Dog humping? Been talked about.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...irst-heat.html
    Another question about dog's first heat? Another one that has been answered prior.

whatever. If you actually look at some of those post, you would see i got given a similar answer. but alas, you know everything so i shall end there i am not getting into a pointless arguement.

whatever. If you actually look at some of those post, you would see i got given a similar answer. but alas, you know everything so i shall end there i am not getting into a pointless arguement.
    Well obviously you are a bit stupid as I never implied or stated I knew everything. I only said one thing: worthless answers like the one you gave are pointless. If in your feeble mind you interpret that as me implying I know everything I am not surprised you say things like "got given"

I should apologize to lablover34198. I was a dick. I could have made my point without being so crass. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast