Seat Belt/Harness For Car

Thread: Seat Belt/Harness For Car

DefaultSeat Belt/Harness For Car

I was just thinking about getting a doggie seatbelt/harness for the car. Does anyone know of a good brand, and how well do dogs adapt to these? TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Seat Belt/Harness For Car

Good questions. I dont have any help, but Bear just sits in the frong seat. Ill be following this thread for some answers.

We've used both the EasyRider brand (available at PetsMart) and the Champion one which we have now. LOVE IT!! http://champk-9.com/CCSS.htm

Henry got used to his very quickly without much trouble. At first I would let him just wear the harness in the house to get used to it, then sit in the car with it buckled in (not going anywhere). Then we'd go for short rides around the block. He really had no problems with it!

Good luck with yours!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the link. As I said Bear rides in the frong seat but I would love to get him used to riding in the very back like that one pic on the link (SUV). Hes so spoiled I hope I can get it done.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Ooo! That would be absolutely perfect for taking the boys in the Jeep when the lid is off!!! Thanks for the link!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Linda Guest

This is what I have:

Roadie by Ruff Rider

They say it is made of the same seat belt material that car seat belts are made of, which other dog restraints are not. Dogs can sit, stand and lay down as it is adjustable. And it doubles as a walking harness when you get to your destination so you do not have to take it off when you are getting in and out of the car. It's nice.

I use one to and I always keef a pocket knife in the car in case the worse did I happen I would not have any problems extracting my best friend.. :-\

I use these for both my dogs - easy on, easy to adjust, allows the dog to move around some yet doesn't get tangled. Whole Dog Journal rated #1

http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...ct_id=137-0125

Thanks for all the replies. Right now she lays on the floor when we are moving, and gets up on the seat when parked, but I'd like to get a good quality seatbelt/harness. I'll go and check out the links you have all provided.