Good leather leash suggestions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good leather leash suggestions

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultGood leather leash suggestions

I'm not positive yet, but I'm thinking I want to invest in a good leather leash for each of the girls. Preferably 6'. If anyone has suggestions about a website or even one at petsmart or a place like that they like I'd love to hear about it!

I've never used a leather leash before, but I've heard several pepole on here talk about them and how they last a lifetime so I think it would be a good investment.

Also do you reccomend the flat leather leashes or the braided ones? I've also seen where they are only braided by the handle and the clip of the leash.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Good leather leash suggestions

Laura

The only suggestion I have is that if you are expecting to do any heeling corrections while using the leather leash, get a wider one. *The thin one I have really hurts my hand, and I think if it were fatter, it would be better. *I could be way wrong, and others with more experience may correct me. * *That's just how it seems to me....

Frances

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The leashes Laura/Labby suggested are what we use - the Leather training leash on that page to be exact. There is nothing better than a quality leather leash - they last forever, get softer as they age, give great control, have some resilency if you require a leash "pop". The price is real good on those as well.

Great prices at the link that Laura posted! *I think ours came from Dobbs Training Center in CA. *Our trainer ordered for us; so I know I overpaid!!
    Our is *braided only at the end where the clip is. *Absolutely love our leather ones.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Look especially at the "harness leather" leashes in the link Laura posted. They're the toughest and nicest.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

J&J is THE best. The braids (v. a rivet that can pop) wear like iron and never let go. And the leather only gets more supple w/age. I LOVE my leash.

Watch the width - When you close your fingers, you should be able to do so comfortably, w/no leash 'showing' on either side of your hand. It needs to completely fit in your palm, covered by your fingers.....

When money is not a problem: LINKY 8)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Leather leashes only last until your dog eats them

I use this one for my previous Rottie for 10 yrs and now for Murray for the past 3 yrs. It's braided at both ends, no rivets. High quality, inexpensive, and lasts forever. Plus...you don't have to pay shipping. Just walk into Petsmart and pick it up. ;D

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...er+leashes&N=2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast