Sam's making progress

Thread: Sam's making progress

DefaultSam's making progress

with heeling! Our class is tonight, and by the way, last weeks' was better! I managed to control the barking and he finally seemed to get the idea that for whatever bizarre reason I had, we were not going to visit the other dogs, and instead we were going to walk up and down the parking lot in the new restrictive by my leg position that makes no sense whatsover, but seems to be required. ;D
    And........last week I had the BRILLIANT idea of requiring him to get into the heel position before I would throw the ball when we were playing, and since he would stand on his head to get the ball thrown, it wasn't any time before he learned to do it. That has carried over very well. I can say "heel" now in other places, like the front yard, and he pretty much gets into position, and we can heel to the car. This week I've been working on heeling up and down the street and that is also improving. So I'm encouraged. I can't say that I'm looking FORWARD to class, but I'm not filled with an overwhelming sense of dread either.

Frances

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sam's making progress

Good boy Sam!!! Do us proud now!
    ~Lindsay

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sam's making progress

Great news, Frances!! I meant to ask you about class last week but then I got distracted and forgot :-[

Keep up the good work, Sam!! We're very proud of you ;D

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"