Where has my angel doggy gone??

Thread: Where has my angel doggy gone??

DefaultWhere has my angel doggy gone??

The demon has surfaced. Jersey is now 8 months old and he's testing me...and my patience! DH and I were away for a week and we left Jersey with DH's parents'. I seem to have gotten back a menace. I know it's his teenage years but geez!! He's really testing his limits, doesn't want to be cuddled, just wants to bark and bait you into playing by running around you like a madman. How do I make it through this? So far I am just not taking any of his crap...making him sit a lot, lol. Is anyone out there to comiserate?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Where has my angel doggy gone??

LOL!!!!!!!! Oh, sorry. Ahem.

It gets better, really!!! Just do what your doing, enforcing that YOU are the boss!!!!

Frankie is done with that stage, thankfully ;D He really wasn't that bad, lucky for us.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

biscuit is offline Senior Member

Oh dear- looks like adolescence has hit!
    Biscuit was an obnoxious adolescent for about 1 month ('round 6 mos.) and I did the same thing you're doing. REALLY instutited the NILF policy, made him sit for everything, or down, and I made him stay off the furniture, which was the worst part of it, for both of us, because I love cuddling with him. Taking him to obedience class during this time was helpful for me.
    This too shall pass, really!!
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Maybe Jersey's grandparents spoiled him.

Haha, I'm sure the grandparents did spoil him!! Unfortunately for me...he's just been sooooo snarky since he's been home! I can barely stand him being out of his crate. We took him for a long walk and threw a stick for him to retrieve for a while and played with him for hours yesterday and he was still full of the joys of spring. I guess I just needed to hear that "this too shall pass"!! Oh and Amy, I had a feeling u'd laugh! Haha, I remember some Frankie posts.

He's just not listening to much these days. Barks back and lowers his shoulders (in that "I want to play" stance) whenever I tell him "off" or "no". Or he just doesn't acknowledge that I've said anything.

It really seems like I got a different dog back!!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Its a good time to get him back into an obedience class if you can. It will help you too!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky