So Lindsay, How's it going with Ender?

Thread: So Lindsay, How's it going with Ender?

Paula is offline Senior Member

DefaultSo Lindsay, How's it going with Ender?

Have y'all been getting some sleep, or is he keeping you awake?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: So Lindsay, How's it going with Ender?

Ender has been a dream.

We go to sleep around 10:30 pm and he whines a little bit but once Eric turns on the ipod (last night it was comedian Louis Black) he settles right down. We've been getting up around 4:45 to take him outside to potty and he comes downstairs and sleeps on the bed with us until 7. Then it's breakfast time while I shower, Eric showers while Ender and I play, and then Eric and Ender walk me to work. (This morning it was raining so Ender had a grand time jumping in every puddle along the way)

Eric got him settled down before work and gave him a frozen kong (and hopefully remembered to turn on the ipod for him) at 8:30. I'm going home around noon to give him lunch and a walk and I might return to work depending on how I feel he's doing. (I don't want to use too much of my vacation).

Tomorrow I think we are going to do the doggy day care thing since Eric and I have class tomorrow evening.

All in all... Ender has been great. He caught on fairly quickly on the "good kisses no bite" thing and has only had one potty accident so far (our fault). He's sleeping a lot and isn't exhibiting any "bored" behavior so I think we are doing a good job of getting him enough exercise.

Eric has been a sooooo much better than I expected regarding parenting Ender. He's volunteered to take him for a walk and get up early in the morning to take him out for his first potty break. I am quite relieved that I didn't end up a "single parent" like I feared. Eric even organized/cleaned his office last night so Ender can spend time with him in there when he's working.

I couldn't be happier. ;D Though I do have questions in the Puppy forum if anyone has advice to offer.

Pictures hopefully tonight... the Nikon's format doesn't like my card reader so I'm dependent on Eric downloading them for me and he's been pretty occupied with his new toys. (see the Apple shopping spree post in Odds and Ends)
    ~Lindsay

Paula is offline Senior Member

So glad to hear he's being a good baby. And if he decides to become a little more rambuctious after getting accustomed to his new home, I'm sure Eric will be too in love with him to let it bother him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

I'm just so happy Ender is home with you guys!!! Sounds like everything is working out fabulously!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I love to hear that Eric had a change of heart. My SU has changed quite a bit once he got attached to the dogs - you should see him say goodnight to both of them. It is quite the ritual

Sounds like Ender is fitting right in.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

Good boys Eric and Ender!! :P Glad to hear everything is going well. Everyone keep up the good work!