• training

0 0%
  • chat

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Weight

nthorn is offline Junior Member

DefaultPuppy Weight

Just curious--if anyone has a 13 week old female lab--how much does she weigh--mine is so little and underweight--I have had people ask me if she was 8 weeks--I amnot worried about her udnerweight I am just curious and wanted to compare.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy Weight

Abby just turned 12 weeks & we are going to the vet tomorrow. I am curious to see her weight. I will let you know.

pluto is offline Senior Member

this link might be helpful in adjusting the food to get a healthy dog..

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2612

Also the fact that just like humans dogs inherity genetics and well some dogs might be smaller then others..Check up on the sire and dam to see wether they were small during this time in their lives...I would also reccomend checking up with a vet to see if their is an underlying condition such as worms etc which might be sapping the dog of its nutrition..Other then that if it is a puppy which is overall active and not too lazy i wouldnt bother for another couple of weeks ..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearsmomma is offline Senior Member

Bear at 4 months weighed in at 41.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Ender is 12 weeks old and 29 lbs! I think this has to do with the fact that his litter had only 5 puppies so they all grew fast with more access to momma's milk and his genetics from his parents.
    ~Lindsay

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

Bailey at 4 months weighed 35.5.

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

At 12 weeks, Toby was 28 pounds, and at 13, he was 31. Now at 18 (last Thursday), he weighed in at 50 pounds... both his parents were large, and our vet is pretty sure that he'll reach 100 easily. So obviously, he may not be the best go-by comparison if your pup is predisposed to be small.

I've been keeping track of his age, weight, height, etc. on a spreadsheet. I'd be happy to send it to you, and you could use Toby's data for comparison, or just delete it and start putting in your own. I've found it very useful. If you're interested, PM me with your email, and I'll send it along.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Our girl is tiny too... at 11 weeks she was 9.5lbs at the vets office. While the vet noted she was small in size, she said she was not undernourished... in fact, had a bit of a pot belly!

She turned 12 weeks on Friday and I meant to weigh her this weekend and forgot. I'll do so tonight!

Her sister was 14lbs at 11 weeks, so relatively larger than CoCo but also a smaller puppy than most.

CoCo's mother is around 60-65lbs, so not very large. CoCo was also the runt of her litter... I'm expecting as an adult she'll be around 55-60lbs.

I was concerned about her small size as well, and you should have your vet to pay careful attention to your pups heart as undersized dogs sometimes have heart issues, however if she's happy and healthy I don't mind if she's 50lbs or 100lbs!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

My Koko is small also at 5 months she is 28 pounds. The vet said everything is fine we'll just call her a "mini Lab" we think her full weight will be about 50. Her mom is small also at 60 and her dad is 95. Mom's parents are on the small size also at 65 and 75. As Jo said make sure the Vet keeps an eye on the heart and enjoy your petie girl.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

nthorn, do you know the size of the parents?

All of our mini pups seem to be chocolates as well... wonder if there are any relatives amongst us! ha!

Actually, CoCo's father is in the States, although he comes from Wales... Chief is his name, but I can't remember the kennel name off the top of my head...
    ~Jo & CoCo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast