About blowing coat ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About blowing coat ...

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultAbout blowing coat ...

I have a question about labs blowing their coat -- does the shedding just start to increase gradually ... or will I just wake up one day and she'll be blowing her coat? I've noticed that Sami seems to be shedding more now and I'm wondering if this is a prelude to what's to come? I'm just sure she'll start blowing next week when my dog-hating in-laws are here. :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: About blowing coat ...

i've found that mine just seem to explode coat. maybe its an increase that i don't notice but generally i wake up one morning and have enough hair for another dog.

Laura

Jinx is offline Senior Member

My dogs shed all the time. Then twice a year there is the "OMG, where'd that 4th dog come from" shedding that just happens all of a sudden.
    Its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mine are blowing right now. Zoe rarely ever sheds and while I was petting her last night; I got a handful of fur. I only have two not shedding and that's because they are on a supplement (for various reasons). I have brushed, and brushed, and brushed and it still keeps coming. They are only bad in spring ... luckily I just get it once a year.

Paula is offline Senior Member

I have Lucy my mix breed on Derma Caps for dry skin issues. Well one thing I noticed is she hasn't been shedding, and she was a big time year round shedder. I'm thinking about putting Lily on it to see if it helps with the shedding.

I think it probably started slowly and we didn't really notice it until it got bad. I also think that shedding varies alot from one Lab to the next, because NO WAY that my last Lab or any of my past dogs have shed THIS much. It's unreal! There is hair everywhere (including on the computer screen) and the shedding doesn't seem to be letting up much so far. If she had a really heavy coat I could understand it, but her coat isn't heavy. I keep checking for balding , but nope...it doesn't even seem to be much thinner.

2LabsInNEPA Guest

Daisy sheds all year - Charlie does too but nowhere as much as Daisy. Then, all of a sudden, spring will come and she'll just fall apart.

My yellow looks like she has a dust cloud around her. I can sweep twice a day and it doesn't seem to do much good. My friend took care of all 3 of my girls while we were away and she couldn't get over how much the yellow was shedding. She has a chocolate who must not shed much. Anyway, she was convinced that the yellow who is just under a year was stressed because we were away. I don't think so!!! She was at home with her two sisters. Just what happens to my girls in the spring. My mixed black looks like a wolf when her fur comes out. I also have hair everywhere. I have to carry one of the stickie roll things every time I go out the door. Yellow hair on black pants is not attractive!!

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie
    I have to carry one of the stickie roll things every time I go out the door. Yellow hair on black pants is not attractive!!
    I understand ... only around here, black is the color of choice!

Thanks to all who responded. I think I can safely say that Sami is not blowing coat ... YET. Now, just how long does this whole thing last anyway?

Petey starts off slow and then he just blows the rest. I think he feels that it is taking too long so he needs to get it done and over with all at once. Luckily he blew his coat early so Easter will have minimum dog hair when my in-laws are over for dinner. They dislike dogs too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast