How often do your dogs "complain"
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do your dogs "complain"

Newpuppyownersami is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow often do your dogs "complain"

Hey again!!! This is going to be silly and yes I know all dogs have different personalities but Hera is such a whistler lol! She complains about everything by whistling! We could cuddle her and she whistles! She even does it when we are playing! Do your dogs whistle or complain? She is just so funny with it! If I don't look at her when she comes to see me she does it!
    Hera's Mom

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

Dogs don't complain. They don't show emotion. They aren't humans. Quit trying to humanize them. They live in the moment and feed off of you.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

I am sorry you must be nuts because dogs do have emotions and if you don't believe they do then you don't belong on a forum for people who love their dogs. Dogs get sad, scared, angry, happy, hurt and so on. Just because something isn't human does not mean it doesn't feel.
    Hera's Mom

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Also if you don't have anything nice to say then don't respond. There is no reason to be rude to someone you don't know for no reason at all.
    Hera's Mom

Ruins is offline Junior Member

I disagree. Humans are not the only species with the ability to feel. Dogs have the ability to be happy, sad, angry. Our puppy shows a wide range of emotions already. She just lost her old friend earlier in the week and is probably confused as to why she's not here anymore. Dogs grieve, grief is an emotion. Millions of studies have been done that prove emotion in other animals - including dogs.

I agree that they live in the now and react to your level of energy, but that doesn't mean they're devoid of feeling anything on their own. They're not robots.

Anyways, back on topic. Hera whistles? Thats interesting, I can't say I've ever seen a dog whistle!

Eresh is offline Senior Member

Luci talks back at me. She does her grumble when I tell her to do something she doesn't want to do (leave it, go to bed, stand still, etc) She does her woo woo talk when she wants me to do something (throw the ball, add treats to kong, let her out, etc). I think her 'talking' comes more from her husky half, because none of my full labs ever talked quite like her.
    I agree with the poster that said dogs don't feel emotions like humans do, but they certainly express discomfort, anxiety, contentment, fear, excitement, even if it is mostly through body language and a few limited vocalizations.

I also never heard a dog whistle until I got her! She is part Greyhound so maybe it came from that? But she does whistle or maybe it is just a high pitch whimper lol! I agree dogs are not robots. Glad to know Hera isn't the only one who is expressive!! Grumbling huh lol that's cute! Like "aw I don't wana" lol
    Hera's Mom

Dani is offline Senior Member

I wasnt rude. Get off of the board if you can't handle it. Dogs think in the moment. Thats it.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

TrappersMom is offline Senior Member

Years ago I thought the same thing but I've since learned different. Dani is right. Dogs don't feel emotion. What you are seeing is what you are reading into their behavior.
    Dot in Northern Illinois

Flintman is offline Junior Member

I have to disagree with Dani...dogs live in the moment just as much as we do. I personally think dogs have emotions. Maybe not the specific incidents that formed an emotion (a specific incident that makes the dog wary, happy or whatever), but those incidents 'create' an ability to feel/have those emotions.

To the OP, what does "whistling" sound like? That is not a sound I am familiar with.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast