Excitement peeing?

Thread: Excitement peeing?

DefaultExcitement peeing?

???

Hello! I don't post much but always read posts and you all give such great advie I was wondering if you could maybe help me out. We have Max an 8month old yellow boy and Molly who is about 4 months and is supposed to be a lab mix. Everytime Molly gets a little excited or even scared, she pees. We didn't have this problem with Max so we are unsure what to do about it. I'm planning on taking her to the vet this week for the rest of her shots and stuff and will mention it to the vet while we're there. But, I was wondering if you had any ideas for helping with our little issue. We've tried being really calm around her, not trying to get her too excited, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!

~Patty
    Max and Molly's Mommy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Excitement peeing?

Sky used to do that - she is being submissive. I would enroll in some obedience classes and help her build her confidence and socialization. That should help. Sky will still do it, but it is rare and it is usually when she is really, really unsure of something.

I'm sure some others will have more ideas as well.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

I totally agree with the last poster, Lizzie 5.1/2 months has always did this, but since we have been socializing her more and she is attending weekly ob classes she has much improved. She still does it but not as much, we just ignore her when she does it. Good luck..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It took Chloe about a year and then she out grew it I guess or maybe she wasn't so scared of everbody anymore. She only did it for my dad and anyone who visited. We just had to make sure she went out before anyon came over.

~Elizabeth