Help re: Drooling

Thread: Help re: Drooling

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp re: Drooling

Tasha's dad e-mailed me (below). Does anyone know what could be the problem?
    "
    Hi Linda. Tasha had some kind of reaction last night that made her drool. She was soaking wet! But, she wasn’t in any distress other than the drooling? Really weird. I called Dr. Allen and we gave her benadryl at 9:30 and it started to slow down in about an hour. Lynne tried looking on line but we couldn’t find anything. She even went on the lab forum. I told her to post a message, “Help, I’m Zoe’s friend in Hawaii and I can’t stop drooling!”

Have you ever heard of anything like this? We’re thinking a bee sting or she ate leaves that blew up onto the deck. Don’t know if eucalyptus leaves are bad for them."

TIA
    (I don't think it was a bee sting. If she had a reaction, she probably would have thrown up and had the runs)

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help re: Drooling

Any chance she has something small stuck in her teeth? Maybe brushing her teeth very gently would help dislodge it?

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help re: Drooling

Hannah, thank you very much for the input.

I noticed that Tony's email to me was dated on Wednesday. She also had another drooling incident on Thursday or Friday.

Anyhows, I checked the vet handbook, and it said, in part:

"Hypersalivation is commonly triggered by psychological events such as fear, apprehension and nervous anxiety.
    Drooling also occurs in response to mouth pain ....Another common cause of drooling is motion sickness. Tranquilizers cause drooling, as do many poisons. When a dog drools for no apparent reason and appears healthy, look for a foreign body in the mouth."

I have a feeling it could have been from all the lightning and thunder we've been having recently.
    Wow, who would've thought.

anyhows, thanks again.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[