Puppy advice...Anyone?

Thread: Puppy advice...Anyone?

DefaultPuppy advice...Anyone?

Hi everyone. My husband and I are going to be lab puppy parents in three weeks (YAY!!!), and are a little weary about how our current lab Jaida will handle the new family addition. She is a rescue dog, and didn't like other dogs for he longest time. We had to work on this issue by intense socialization, and now she is fine with other dogs, but is still uninterested besides the normal 'sniff n greet'. She has always been okay with puppies however, we suspect due to the fact that she had a litter previous to us adopting her. We also consulted with our vet and she reccomended adopting a male puppy, since dogs of the opposite sex tend to get along better.

Anhow, does anyone have any feedback for us about this? We are getting very excited to bring our little lab baby home, but would alos like to make it as easy on Jaida as possible. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy advice...Anyone?

Let them work it out. I think that Jaida's maternal instincts will kick in and everyone will be fine. Jaida will let the pup know when she's had enough play. Don't try and over analyse it. Spend equal amounts of time alone with each dog and together so that neither one feels slighted.

And have fun.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy advice...Anyone?

No advice to give but GOOD LUCK!!! ;D I'd love to have a two dog house someday.
    ~Lindsay