The Dog Wash...(abby's story)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dog Wash...(abby's story)

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Dog Wash...(abby's story)

That was an interesting experience.

Abby hasn't been bathed in about 6 months and that was all fine until she and Molly started to roll in the neighbors cat's poo (he wanders the neighborhood). I tried every fast bath imaginable and she still smelled and since it's yucky out today and she doesn't like our bath tub I decided to take her to Petco and bathe her there.

What an experience that was. First I tried to lift her into the big metal tub but she's too heavy for me. The lady comes over and is like "here's a ramp you can pull down" so I pull the ramp down well, abby thought the ramp was something bad because she growled at it and the hair on her back went up as she bit at it! I finally lured her up the ramp w/ a treat (good thing I took them) and started to spray her down. I don't know about other labs but Abby hates to have a bath, loves to swim but don't put her in the tub with shampoo!

She stood there with her tail between her legs like I was goign to kill her with the sprayer then all of a sudden she got down in her "pounce" stance and attacked the sprayer tail wagging happily. After I shampooed her and rinsed her thoroughly I had to dry her well this too became a game. The dryer was very...how shall we say this? Powerful! Abby kept biting at the nozzle where the air was coming from and barking, then she would put her face in it and bark and wag her tail as the air blew her jowls/ears all around. The staff was quite amused with Abby's antics in the tub.

Finally it was time to leave the dogwash and boy was I glad...apparently abby was too because I had her in sit/stay waiting to cross and when I said "lets go" she bolted for the car so suddenly that I lost grip on her leash (luckily we were almost to the car)I almost had a heart attacked but manged to scream a frantic "abby down...stay" and abby layed down right by the car looking at me like "well, are you coming or what?!"

So ladies and gents that is the story of me, abby, and the dog wash thanks for reading
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lunamus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Dog Wash...(abby's story)

Abby girl had a fun day out ;D ;D ;D

Luna hates the shower, but LOVES the rain, sea and every puddle : :
    Jeanette and Luna. Sleep tight Oliver, our little kitty, thank you for 15 great years

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

Oh you poor thing but your story made me laugh! I can picture the whole thing. I bet you'll both take a good nap this afternoon!

Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

;D I can just imagine her face with the dryer!!!

Beau loves to poke his head into the shower and let it spray his face....but put him in the tub and I get the look of "please just let me outta here"!!! I end up

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

LOL!
    yeah, my dogs act like i'm torturing them when it's bath time, but as soon as bath time is over, it's buttucks and rolling on the floor aglore!

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

but manged to scream a frantic "abby down...stay" and abby layed down right by the car looking at me like "well, are you coming or what?!"
    Good Girl Abby! Good training there, Stacey.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

lablover is offline Senior Member

Sounds like Abby had a grand time!! Fudge had a bath yesterday also ... because of cat poo. Ours get a bath in our shower. Fudge just fits!

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

What a funny story!!

How wet did You get??

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Awww... your story made me laugh at the end. I can just see that "Mom... are you coming or what?"
    ~Lindsay

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Jeanette~ Abby is the same way : unless a human is taking a shower in which case she deems it nessecary to try to join you.

Abby is 99% good when it comes to things like down stays so I figured it would be her 1% where she decided to ignore but she didn't...I was very proud
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast