"Bitey Face" ?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Bitey Face" ?

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Default"Bitey Face" ?

Just curious, if you have more than one dawg, do they play "bitey face" with each other frequently?* Carol lets it upset her and usually tries to stop them but I keep assuring her that's their "funnest" way of playing.* *Remi just loves to get a toy in her mouth that is large enough where she and Cappy can both get a good grip on it at the same time and then play their version of growling tug-of-war.

If Cappy doesn't show sufficient immediate enthusiasm (in her opinion) when she wants to start, Remi will jam the toy in his face and bite at his cheeks and ears to gode him into playing.* If that doesn't work, she'll duck down and bite at his front feet (she's such a sneaky lil bitch) and that will get the most vicious sounding snarls out of Cappy.* And that's what scares Carol.* Sound's like he's ripping Remi's cheeks off but he's never even once caused her a painful yike.* *

She'll pull him all over the house from room to room by backing up with the two of them hanging onto the toy.* If one loses their grip, the other will pause until a grip is regained, and they start all over.

Sometimes Remi plays so hard she'll suddenly plop down, roll over on her back while still holding onto her end of the toy and actually fall asleep in that position as Cappy just walks away ... the apparent victor.* *

When Cappy wants the game to stop, he'll put her entire face in his mouth and hold her. She'll generally quit then but sometimes will mount a rear attack as he starts to walk away if she really wants more.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: "Bitey Face" ?

Only one lab here but Nellie's favorite game when with other dogs is "Chase Me." She will grab a toy and push it into the other dogs face than turn and run as fast as she can. lol

Bitey face is normal.* Beau is my only dog, but when he gets the chance to play with others...its always bitey face. ;D ;D
    The growling is Cappy's way of keeping Remi in check!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It is Halle's favorite game* I can't say that for Maverick.* I think he doesn't like it but I guess he could always get up and walk away at anytime.* Bitey face goes on all day in my house

Liz Halle and Maverick

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

We have several rounds of bitey face between Jack & Abby every single day. They love it! Chloe, on the other hand, gets bent out of shape since she thinks they're fighting, but as along as they don't do it right in front of her, she's ok.
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Jim, hope you don't mind my posting pics in your thread.* Zoe used to be the biteyface queen of Kahala Kua.* As she's aged a bit, she rarely initiates it.

However, if another dog starts, she'll get going.
    Here she is with Pua.* Pua started licking her and wanted to play.* (The size difference doesn't matter.)

Now she's doing bitey head, but ever so gently.

Pua kept at it, and Zoe didn't want to play anymore.* This is what she did, and Pua got the idea.* This was not a snarly growly vicious dog "thing" although it may appear that way.

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Yikes, Linda!

That's the meanest looking Labrador facial shot I've ever seen. If I didn't know that Zoe was a loving yellar dawg ... I'd think she was da kine Samoan Pit!
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Jim, bitey face always looks and sounds worse than it is. Rider and Drake LOVE bitey face...we just let them go at it. If it get out of hand, we send them outside...they'll stop when they get tired or when one of them goes too far.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

bibber is offline Senior Member

I was a little nervous when we got Bodie and the bitey face games began.* It seemed so loud and vicious.* I quickly realized that they loved it and it wasn't going away.* They bitey face every day.

Here's a short (30 seconds) bitey face video, that is actually very mild compared to how they usually are.* Sam is the one who starts out on top, and Bodie ends up with the toy and lays down.* He always quits playing before Sam does.
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/739089498...e_0002/*bibber

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

OMG- sometimes the "Bitey Face" is unreal around here. I have to physically get in the middle of it when trying to talk on the phone.

Around our house, if we are home, they are playing bitey-face. If we're gone, the puppy is crated and Libby sleeps on her bed.....we think.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast