Several questions, when can you

Thread: Several questions, when can you

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultSeveral questions, when can you

start feeding green beans as part of their regular diet? Boo is 4mo. and she loves them when I give her a taste.

Another potty training question. We had one full day of no accidents. woohoo. That was 2 days ago and we have had inside accidents since. She rings the bells to go out, but doesn't always potty. How do I get her to go? Most of the time she will potty if I tell her to but sometimes even when she does go, she comes in and goes again on the carpet!!! > My carpets need cleaned in the worse way, they look ok and don't smell pissy but I need them professionally cleand for my peace of mind. Anyway, I don't want to pay to have them done until we are no less than 98% trained. So are we still 'normal'?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Several questions, when can you

I'm not sure about green beans, but I think you're ok giving Boo a handful to eat.

As far as potty training, take Boo out and stay out for 2-4 minutes (for example, walk around your house once). If she goes, praise her. If she does not go, bring her home and put her in ther crate. Wait for 15 minutes, then take her out, circle the house once; if she does not go, back home into her crate. Repeat until she goes.

If she really pees that often, maybe you should check her out for a UTI if you have not done so.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

We have had her checked for a UTI. That wasn't it. My vet suggested that she may be a 'lazy' learner. Where she knows what to do and where to do it but if she is having too much fun playing and has to go, oh well there she goes!! He said she should eventually grow out of it and keep doing as we are. She does know, and will run to the door, ring the bells, and go right out and potty. This is where we praise her like a lottery winner. But it's like she doesn't want to bother going out sometimes. grrrrrr my carpets are suffering. Thank goodness I have a steam cleaner.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Sorry you have had such a tough time w/ potty training. I'm sure it must be frustrating. Sounds like your vet has Boo pegged!

Is she food obsessed? Do you give her treats when she goes? It might help.