Costco Bed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco Bed

DefaultCostco Bed

We finally got a Costco bed for D.* They sure are puffy!* Her first reaction was that it was something to play with and drag around.* : I don't think they'd stand up to too much rough housing so we put a stop to that right away.* Next she went to lay on it, lost her balance and rolled off.* * Like I said...they sure are puffy.*

Labby/Laura - I see in your pics two or three of your guys on these at the same time.* Do they flatten out a little over time?* I'm pretty sure the one I got is the same as the ones in your posts, but I can't imagine two dogs fitting on this one.

Sure can't go wrong on the price though.* I can't believe how "cedary" they smell.* Our house smells like someone has been cutting wood.* Are they all like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Costco Bed

Sure can't go wrong on the price though. I can't believe how "cedary" they smell. Our house smells like someone has been cutting wood. Are they all like this?
    Scotty's Costco bed also smells very cedary. I love it. It's sitting by our bed, so our bedroom smells like cedar.

you mentioned the price and it sounded like it was a good deal. What is the approximate price for one of those beds. And where did you find the best deal.
    Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

whitelab - It seems like a good deal.* I can't find my receipt now, but I think it was somewhere around $25.00.* We've only had it one day, so I can't* comment on how well it will last.* I wouldn't leave my dog alone with it at the moment as she would likely tear it (playing) and I wouldn't want her to get at the stuffing.* The make is Kirkland, which I think is strictly a Costco brand, so I would imagine that Costco is the only place that you can get these particular ones.* As mentioned in my other post it smells very cedary.* It's a really nice scent, but I find it a little strong.* I'm pretty sure the cedar smell will dissipate over time though.* I would imagine that Costco's everywhere sell the same one, but this one is like a big round pillow.* I believe the cover is removable/washable.

We have Costco beds here...they are $19.99 at our store; and yes, they will flatten out over time; not too bad, but I do have two of my older ones stacked. You can also buy more "stuffing" at places like Walmart.

Hunter is offline Senior Member

Bought one at Costo.com, did not need to be a member, I think I paid somewhere around $35 with shipping, but I bought the one with the half circle back

This one

Looks like the price went up, they are now $40.

And they do flatten out over time. Mine has a big indentation where the dogs lay, with all the stuffing pushed out to the sides.

Hunter - I love the Costco bed you got. Maybe they are only an on-line product as I've never seen them IN Costco.

zoezoe and Hunter - I'm glad they flatten out a little because right now it is a bit hard for her to get settled on. If it gets too thin I can always add another or as you mentioned zoezoe, buy some filler. Also I guess you can shake them to redistribute the filling evenly, right?

Thanks.

labby is offline Senior Member

they do flatten. the newer beds don't have zippers on the inside so you can add stuffing, so you do have to stack them after awhile. i'd say the dogs' favorite is the bolster bed (the one with the bumper rail). they seem to pile up on that one the most.

Laura

Laura - Did you buy the bolster beds AT Costco or through their on-line store? I'd really like to get one of those too.

I haven't had a close look INSIDE, but the one I got does have a zipper on the outside. I'm guessing not, seeing as I just got it.

labby is offline Senior Member

i think i got our bolster one a year or so ago at the store. it might have been online. don't ask me hard questions. lol.

they all have zippers on the outside so you can wash them, but they don't have inside zippers anymore so you can add more stuffing.

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast