I love my neighbor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my neighbor

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultI love my neighbor

Our neighborhood has plenty of dogs around but most are small and none are directly next to us. My neighbor on the one side (Paul) is the sweetest man ever to my dogs (he doesn't own any). He is a flight attendant so he travels frequently and brings Abby and Molly special treats back from his travels.

He's only lived here about 5 months but it's amazing how much Abby loves him. He taught Abby (over a few days) to bring her basketball up to the fence and toss it up at him so he can play ball with her. He'll stand out there for at least an hour on most days and just throw the ball for her. He'll come out of his house if he hears them barking just to pet them and talk to them,and he's even let Molly outside for us a few times. He's been thinking about adopting a younger dog but is leary because of his wacky schedule. I told him that I'd be more then happy to help him out since he's so nice to our dogs.

Does anyone else have sweet neighbors?
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I love my neighbor

My neighbors don't have a dog, but always have a box of Milk Bone to feed mine.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom
    My neighbors don't have a dog, but always have a box of Milk Bone to feed mine.
    That is funny! We have a 6 year old that lives across the street. She has invited herself into the house with a pad of paper and pen. As she took inventory on HKs toys and all treats, I asked what that was all about. She told me that she didn't want to get HK anything that she shouldn't have (treats) or already had (toys). Now, every time she sees us outside, she comes running over with treats in hand. Her mom tells us that it is a lot cheaper than getting their own dog, but things are shaping up that will not hold for long.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Isn't it great to have neighbors like that!!! ;D

My new next door neighbors have 3 pugs & I go over to talk to them if they are out. Same goes for Lexi, if John or Joe sees Lexi in the front yard they'll come over to talk to her or pet her.

My parents next door neighbors are the same way, they have a rottie (Rudy) and a rottie/lab mix (Katie). Lexi, Ruddy & Katie play back & forth in both yards. Rudy & Katie will come right into my parents house to say hello. That is funny cause their parents are always "Get out of there!" My mom & dad always tell them not to worry about it.

The wife, Nicole, is a vet tech & she has offered to trim Lexi's nails so I don't have to take her to the vet's office.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I wish I had neighbours like that. :-\

My neighbours either have a half a million screaming little kids, or they have gigantic dogs that are completely untrained. Oh, and they don't "believe in" leashes. : >

My one neighbour directly beside us likes our dogs, but she just lost hers in the spring, so I think its difficult for her to see mine out and about, I think she's still very much in mourning. :'(

And the neighbours directly beside us on the other side are a quiet family (this is appreciated) with two kids that are terrified of Baloo. :-[
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

Sadly no, after begging a neighbor who we have bent over backwards for a million times over to take my boys out t pee ONCE during the time of my MILs death, she "forgot" and I came home to a foyer full of dog pee on top of a distraught DH. Count your blessings!
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi

I can't even see a neighbors house and I love it that way.

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

Yep! ;D My neighbor is great she loved Koko from day one and went out and got herself a Jug (Jack Russel/pug mix) one month after we got Koko. She works 4 days a week but on the day she is home she wil come over (we have keys to each others houses) get Koko and let Koko spend the day with her and her dog. Likewise when I am home from work I go get her dog (yes he's here now) and he spends his day here! Gotta love good neighbors!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

This thread had me all confuddled!!! I was like "heyyyy I didn't start anything today".

Paul has lived here for over a year now, and he's still an awesome neighbor.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyandMolly
    This thread had me all confuddled!!! I was like "heyyyy I didn't start anything today".

Paul has lived here for over a year now, and he's still an awesome neighbor.
    Ed does it again! ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast