Ahh... things we do for our fur babies!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahh... things we do for our fur babies!

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

CoolAhh... things we do for our fur babies!

Took Diesel on a walk just before the sun started going down this evening. Few blocks in he started doing his "poop walk"... picks up his pace a bit and his gait changes. He did a few stops and starts, hunched on one spot of grass but that wasn't the right spot so he found another. The one he settled for was on a bit of an incline, and his back feet were part on the grass and part on the border of a garden. I shook my head thinking it wasn't the best spot but he seemed to have planted his feet firmly enough so I let him have at 'er.

Solid poop. First plop, clear. Second plop, clear. Then, he loses his balance! Third plop, not clear and he freaks out, running in circles trying to get this thing off his bum. And there I am with my poopy bag already gloved around my hand trying to get him to stay still so I can help him out. Finally get him between my knees, lift the tail (which had poop smooshed all over the underside!) and gently pull the last plop out. Tie the bag and then I notice someone saying "eeewwwww!!!"

I look up to see two women walking by, didn't realize they were watching the whole thing, but they looked so disgusted. I carried on my business, now grabbing a big leaf from the bush in the garden to wipe his bum down a bit, wiped my hand on the grass as I had a poopy smear... lovely. Then we continued on our way back home and I had that after thought of what I could have said -- It's just poop! You've never changed a dirty diaper before?! and yes, I have since washed my hands and wiped him down properly with a baby wipe!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

Oh, my...I just got a good visual from that! Buwhahaha!!!!
    My Lab is smarter than your honor student.

Deacon 12/1/1999-4/2/2012 RIP, bestest boy.
    Diesel 3/29/2010 My little hard charger.

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Funny!!! But yep....I'd have done it too. These are our fur kids. We do what we need to do But I do wish there was a video....sorry, had to add that

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

HAHAHA!!!! And I am quite sure that even if they had changed a baby's poopy diaper before, that the same act with a dog is gross to a non-dog lover.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

I got to wipe Koivu's bum with a leaf today too. Luckily, my experience wasn't nearly as messy as yours

The worried look on his face... Like mom!!!! get it offff!!!! get it!!!! ROTFL

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

We had a similar thing happen (a few times) when they were younger where some turds would be attached to a long piece of my hair and be dangling from their rumps. They would freak out and we would have to chase them around to pull the hair out. Kind of grosses me out talking about it... LOL

J.R. and June

labchris is offline Senior Member

The first time I had to pick up the poop, he pooped in a bush. I had the poop all over my arm. It wasn't even disgusting to me since I just thought that I will wash it down and that's it. It helps me if I remember how much dirt on shopping carts are and everyone touches that
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I've never had to pull poop out of anyone's butt. *Runs around frantically knocking on all wood I can find*

I used to dry heave changing poopy diapers . . . poop freaks me out.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by BauersMom View Post
    I've never had to pull poop out of anyone's butt. *Runs around frantically knocking on all wood I can find*

I used to dry heave changing poopy diapers . . . poop freaks me out.
    I am crying here, LOL. I don't know if it's the words you chose or the fact they are your words, but this is just too damn funny!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast