Mardi is home!

Thread: Mardi is home!

NanM is offline Senior Member
    Conquest, NY--near Syracuse and Lake Ontario.

DefaultMardi is home!

She spent a day and one half at the vet's and came home late this afternoon. The vet showed me the lab work and X-rays (I was an RN) and even went over her GI tract which was also X-rayed at my request. A little irritable bowel couldn't be ruled out, but the gross examination didn't demonstrate any real abnormalities or foreign bodies. Her heart was enlarged. Mardi is supposed to remain VERY quiet for the next 6 weeks and kept in a crate if she won't remain quiet while free in a closed room with me. Poor baby was restless and couldn't find a comfortable spot so I was glad when I could feed her and put her to bed in her crate for the night. It is her habit to go to her crate around 10 at night, and return there after breakfast and a quick trip outside, until around noon. My vet remarked that when she fed Mardi a "handful" of kibble she almost lost her hand. Even while she is ill and in pain, Mardi wants to eat! It is going to be a long 6 weeks and then, I know I will be very afraid when I allow her to run and play again. I am planning to take her to Maine next June and let her swim in the ocean.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Feel better soon, Mardi.

bett is offline Senior Member

hope she feels better soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Poor girl! Good luck to both of you, sending good thoughts and prayers for Mardi.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

sending good thoughts your way and prayers that all goes well for Mardi!
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

good thoughts on the way

NanM is offline Senior Member
    Conquest, NY--near Syracuse and Lake Ontario.

Thanks all, today her problem is pain from the 4 awful shots. She goes down the stairs to do her business and then stands at the bottom step and just gazes at me. I am afraid if I lift her I might put pressure on her heart and dislodge some worms, so I just stand next to her and talk quietly until she decides up is the only way in. She is very interested in food and I will have to control myself and not "comfort" her with food because she doesn't need to gain weight. For now, she is quite willing to spend hours at a time lying in her crate watching me do small chores. When she no longer has pain she may become a handful because she is normally quite active. Even as we walked from the car to the house yesterday she turned toward the garage which is her way to get out to her fenced play area. I don't know what I would do if I were still working and had to leave her for hours on end. All I can say is that anyone who adopts has to be aware that a negative HW test is never negative until the dog has a second negative test in 6 months. February will be a very important month!

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

I remember how Jefferson hurt when he came home. He wanted to lay on the couch, but it hurt too much for him to climb up on it. Poor Mardi. she will ache less in a week or so. Then movement won't be as painful for her.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

Hope she's feeling better soon.
    My Lab is smarter than your honor student.

Deacon 12/1/1999-4/2/2012 RIP, bestest boy.
    Diesel 3/29/2010 My little hard charger.